Discuss Options for a level 2 qualified electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Fmxvxx

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for having me here this seems to be an awesome forum, The reason for joining was really to see what options you guys think a level 2 trained Electrician has ( currently doing level 3) I am looking to work as an electricians mate or similar kind of role but most people are asking for an ECS card which obviously requires a level 3 qualification.

So really my options seem very limited to gain more practical experience within the industry, I spent about 14 months working with a domestic and commercial electrician I did this as an upaid role to gain experience but was forced to leave due to needing the money to support myself.

Really just wanted to ask if anyone here had any advise on how to get a foot in the door or if anyone here was willing to take on a level 2 trained technician as a mate in and around the St albans area ( have my own transport and hand tools) would be willing to interview or do unpaid trial days if you wished to ensure a good fit.

Sorry for the long post but I look forward to your replies,

Chris.

That's all you can do mate. Keep applying to jobs and ask around. Business is OK atm, so should some work for you. We have had people come out of level 2 and think they are worth 100 pounds a day. Don't think so mate lol.

Don't expect big money just get the experience

That's all you can do mate. Keep applying to jobs and ask around. Business is OK atm, so should some work for you. We have had people come out of level 2 and think they are worth 100 pounds a day. Don't think so mate lol.

Don't expect big money just get the experience

Yeah experience is all i'm after really I just need the pay to be able to put petrol in the car and and put towards building my tool kit etc

Do you have any recommendations on where is the place for gain experience IE Domestic commercial Large company sole traders etc?

Hmm it might do, not sure how much weight it will hold when applying for a role but at least having a card cant be a bad thing.

You can do the ECS health and safety test, and apply for an ECS card you'll be graded as a labourer until you complete your nvq. Having a card means you'll be able to get on site. Get some basic tools and ppe( steel toe capped boots etc).Apply to the local agencies and companies direct as electricians mate/improver. This way your earn and gain experience aswell

You can do the ECS health and safety test, and apply for an ECS card you'll be graded as a labourer until you complete your nvq. Having a card means you'll be able to get on site. Get some basic tools and ppe( steel toe capped boots etc).Apply to the local agencies and companies direct as electricians mate/improver. This way your earn and gain experience aswell

Reply to Options for a level 2 qualified electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net