Discuss Organising, Invoice Numbers, Purchase Orders and Quote numbers help needed! Software? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: Organising, Invoice Numbers, Purchase Orders and Quote numbers help needed! Sof

Use the "built in" template, and then you customise it.

PM your email details and I'll send you a sample if you want.

Can you back this info up on a memory stick the reason I ask is a guy I knew hard drive screwed up and he lost 5 years of records without backing them up so far he has not been asked to produce them but he has a legal obligation to keep them and supply them if required

Re: Organising, Invoice Numbers, Purchase Orders and Quote numbers help needed! Sof

Can you back this info up on a memory stick the reason I ask is a guy I knew hard drive screwed up and he lost 5 years of records without backing them up so far he has not been asked to produce them but he has a legal obligation to keep them and supply them if required

I know I sound a bit pariniod but working with computers for the past 28 years I have seen to many fatal loss of data hence why I keep it simple and then back it up every week . Just seen too much of this plus whats in it for the company who is giving you the free online service where do they make their money ?

Quickbooks does a back up every other time I close it. This file is saved on the same hard drive. once a week its copied to another PC in the house and once a month the 2nd PC is backed up to a plug in drive, so in theory I'd lose a weeks work. I have been meaning to "automate" the back up but haven't got round to it.

I should say that all the invoices, and certs, are printed out and kept in a file!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Organising, Invoice Numbers, Purchase Orders and Quote numbers help needed! Softw

Hi in reply to the origanal post my company A and P contractors use a product called Job Tracker PLUS you can down load a free trial if you click on the link. its great it keeps me realy organised and everything is kept together so it all matches up at the end. you can do job sheets invoices and quotes on it and even book apointment i have found it so helpful

hope this helps :)

Re: Organising, Invoice Numbers, Purchase Orders and Quote numbers help needed! Softw

Hi Tidy Max,

I would recommend an accounts package called Solar Accounts. I think I paid £140.00 for it. I found it very easy to use and they have an excellent online help facility. The cost is a one of payment so no other monthly outgoings. They also offer a free 30 day trial. Give it ago, it works for me.

http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/

Quickbook and Excel can help you out in this necessity. You just have to organize them properly and label it's name. I think it will be the best if you will have chronologically ordered. In this way, you will not be bothered which will comes first and vice versa.

Hi
Before you commit to Quick Books have a go with SliQ Invoicing Plus. It has been written for traders such as your self to make it easy to manage the admin around invoicing, estimates etc. It is inexpensive in comparison to QB and considerably easier to get started with. You can also add a prefix to your invoice numbers.
As an accountant in business I use QB and it is great but it has an awful lot of stuff in it that non accountants would not want to know about. If you want a clutter free and simple to use piece of invoicing, quoting software then try SliQ. There is a free trial of 30 days. :mickey:

also worth looking at Amphis Customer www.amphis-software.com which has a free 60 day trial and handles contacts, appointments, quotes, invoices, jobs, customer letters, mail merge, sms messages and more. can export to Sage format which your accountant might want. single or multi-user. uses Word templates so easy to add your logo and business details.

I think I shall take a look at that. It's a new one to me. Do you use it?

yes, I use it for all my invoices and quotes. saves a lot of time.

I have been using quick files for last couple of years after seeing someone recommend it on here. It does all invoicing and estimating etc. Best thing is that it's completely free. The only thing is that I can't see how to automatically show 20 % cis deduction.

I use the back of a beer mat but after pushing my 1000th job the local pubs are getting suss of me :thinking:

Reply to Organising, Invoice Numbers, Purchase Orders and Quote numbers help needed! Software? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net