Discuss paint spraying extractor unit fault in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kelrich

afternoon chaps
iam wondering if you can give me some advice, a friend of mine runs a paint spraying business and he decided he would move a large 3 phase extraction unit to the other side of his factory, he has put a 3 phase plug onto it plugged it in and has no power at all, hes looked at the ovious i,e breaker tripped but this is ok. am i right in thinking he may have the phases wired up wrong or would this still give him power just things wouldnt operate properly or maybe the machine will have a main fuse that has blown i dont know any advice would be great thanks

hmm, if you are an electrician, you have to look at it. sort it out. on the forum we can't diagnose remotely. if you ain't an electrician, then get one in.

Have you worked on three phase before? From you previous posts I doubt it. Get someone in that knows what their doing.

As Tel has said we can’t do by remote control with the bit of information you’ve given.

yep your right guys its not worth the hassle i have worked on 3 phase a little but not enough to work this one out and it could be potentially dangerous so ive told him to get a maintenance spark in, cheers for your advice i,ll stick to housebashing

Reply to paint spraying extractor unit fault in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
(Thought I'd already poost this Q, but I cant see it, so I'll try again) We have some work going on in one of our buildings atm. On of the chaps...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
We have had builders in, who have stopped for Xmas. My daughter tried to do a wash. The wash machine wouldnt. Its power socket is dead. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock