Discuss Panel of Supreme Justices refused the Government leave to appeal. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Andy is right.
The real issue now is what this means for the industry going forward in terms of the FITs budget and the Levy Control Framework. We may know at the beginning of April whether or not the Office for National Statistics considers FITs inside the public spending envelope. If it is not there may be some leeway but do not depend on it.

We got a further rodgering in the budget over capital allowances so do not count on friends in high places. There may yet be a spiteful response from people who govern by cock up.

Last edited:
Just emailed all our February customers to let them know it's party time :) Fingers crossed they'll feel so good they'll tell their friends and family to come to us!

Great to be feeling positive for a change!

Just noticed this thread. Great news for the end of the week and good on the supreme court.

The DECC got what they deserved because of the way they handled it. Alas, they largely succeded by putting doubt in peoples mind as to what tarriff they might receive.

At least it draws a line under it now and saves a couple of years of uncertainty.

I find this page on Deccs news website funny....

Read what Ed Daveys says- then cast your eyes to the tweeter link to the right-----
"......cost effectiveness of solar and other microgeneration technologies for the many, not the few.”

Feed-in Tariffs appeal decision - Department of Energy and Climate Change

(i don't know how much subsidies windfarms gets- but i am sure they get some and most investment for them is not form the UK)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is good news for the industry. however if the flood gates open for claims of loss of earnings it'll be the tax payer that foots the bill...

Reply to Panel of Supreme Justices refused the Government leave to appeal. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net