Search the forum,

Discuss Part P in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyone can rewire their own house also, even a tea lady if she likes providing she notifies building control to inspect her work just like when an extention or a conservatory is built, where suddenely the comments regarding an electrician must notify building control came from is very interesting, also there are loop holes in this ridiculous building regs, with too many words in it which is designed to not try to actually force anyone to be responsible IMO, they know it will never hold up in court, How can a competant electrician get done for not notifying a job he has issued a competion certificate to the customer but not told some numpty at the city council about? it is so weak now after the 2013 changes it is almost obselete.

Aye have read it all several times and even spoken to my local city council about it, they are not interested as they have no one to police it due to no inspecting engineers in any case, basically it was a case of just crack on your a spark we trust you lol

The Schemes are trying to make it look like it is essential, lets face it if you had 33,000 people paying you 500 a year and you employed hundreds of staff you wouldn't want to get found out lol

I knew I should've moved down Bristol way when I had the chance, (quite) a few years back now.
I really liked your relaxed attitude you have down there! :)

The Schemes are trying to make it look like it is essential, lets face it if you had 33,000 people paying you 500 a year and you employed hundreds of staff you wouldn't want to get found out lol
They can't employ that many Mike, they do 3/10ths of bugger all.
Are they subjected to the same rules as public organisations under the Freedom Of Information Act?

I knew I should've moved down Bristol way when I had the chance, (quite) a few years back now.
I really liked your relaxed attitude you have down there! :)
You wouldn't like it down here fella, they drink wine and get their hair cut at posh saloons, not for you northern hard nuts.

Reply to Part P in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net