Discuss pats on the back all round in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i got a job through yesterday to look at a lutron system that was stuck mid operation and not responding despite 3 sparks looking at over the past 2 weeks.
first thought - no thanks
second thought - look through the internet
third thought and 1st action - check out previous posts on the forum

having read through i decided that the best thing to do was visit site then book an lutron engineer, but i did note that most issues are with hardware failing rather than controls issues.

i went to site and boy what a nightmare, a crestron sound and lighting system sitting on a lutron grafic eye lighting and blinds system with a control panel bigger than me and my apprentice,
carefully examining the status i noted several circuits isolated and comms cables out
having cleared it with the tenant i isolated the whole installation (3ph 24way loaded board)
carefully i put everything back into its patch bays and places and flipped the mcb's
i then energised the whole installation,

hey presto, you can now operate the blinds from the stupid panel on the wall.

moral of the story 1, read the forum notes 2, start with the basics

heaven knows how many hours i could have spent with my multi meter taking readings and attempting scene changes. and swapping wires about.

well done the forum and its members!

Working logically and methodically will always win the day, ....even if it only tells you what is wrong or what componant is faulty and is to be replaced or repaired!!! lol!!

Reply to pats on the back all round in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My customer wants to fit round sockets and switches. He has sent me a link to the back boxes that are required. A few questions.. 1. Has anyone...
Replies
Views
Carrying out a EICR in a commercial setting. In the main intake room the DNO supply comes in and it states clearly this is a PME system. 5 years...
Replies
Views
Kitchen led lights have all of a sudden dimmed by about 30% no dimmer in the system. There are 2 switches for this set of lights. Regardless of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently purchased(aug18) a house built in 1963 and about an hour before bed I smelt a burning smell in the hallway. I looked around and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock