Discuss Pefc in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steve.t.

Hi
just doing some tests on a tt instillation, will be doin 2392 shortly. getting 1A on PEFC, can anyone explain this. the Ze is 174.
Any help would be great thanks

Hi
just doing some tests on a tt instillation, will be doin 2392 shortly. getting 1A on PEFC, can anyone explain this. the Ze is 174.
Any help would be great thanks

If you think about how you are deriving PEFC on a TT system, by Ohms law, the value will be quite small.

In your case with an Ra (not Ze) of 174 Ohms, a calculated PEFC would be 230/174 = 1.32 Amps so not too far away.

Of course PSSC will be much higher and will therefore become PFC.

Yes, depth is king, I'd take a deeply driven rod (oooh matron!) with an Ra of 500 Ohms over a short rod at 100 Ohms, reason being the deeply driven rod will be virtually immune to soil drying/freezing so is highly unlikely to approach the true maximum of 1667 Ohms (assuming 30mA RCD protection)

Reply to Pefc in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Fluke MultiFunction Tester 1662 TNS Earthing system. Switchboard - 415v - 3 Phase + Neutral + Earth. MCB 1000A 3 individual Earths (185mm)...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, I’ve just bought a Kewtech KT63, the instructions aren’t very clear on lead setup. When doing a Ze is this a 3 lead test on...
Replies
Views
This weekend I was replacing a hall light fixture in my old home (rewired circa 1980/90's) and noticed the work was done using one of the exposed...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, looking at doing Initial and Periodic inspecting and testing. Looking between the CandG and EAL Just wondering if I can ask peoples...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi has anyone completed the cafe block design project and had it fully marked and signed off as i’m very stuck on mine would love to talk to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock