Discuss Photovoltaic courses in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm looking at doing a course in installing PV systems and am a little confused.The choice of courses seem to fall into 2 catagories the niceic certificate and the C&G 2372 qual.Does anyone know what if any is the difference.Ie will the niceic cert cut the mustard with authorities. Also it appears that both Niceic and Elecsa (who I'm with) now do" join our club for registering PV systems for only £600" odd. Does anyone know if this is compulsory or just another money maker that you don't need like their PIR registering schemes.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

Hi All, I'm looking at doing a course in installing PV systems and am a little confused.The choice of courses seem to fall into 2 catagories the niceic certificate and the C&G 2372 qual.Does anyone know what if any is the difference.Ie will the niceic cert cut the mustard with authorities. Also it appears that both Niceic and Elecsa (who I'm with) now do" join our club for registering PV systems for only £600" odd. Does anyone know if this is compulsory or just another money maker that you don't need like their PIR registering schemes.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

Hi Grumpy,

Did you find any more info on this? I've had a client come to me who wants an installation and I'm looking for more info on courses and accreditation.

Cheers

Euan

try ableskills in Dartford.When i did my VRQ recently, Jim mentoined that it was starting early part of next year... he may be able to help with regards to any questions.

Hi there
I was looking into doing the PV course the CAT (centre for Alterative Technology) seem to run the course regularly. Think Guildford college does it as well but they said they run when there is demand.

When I phoned CAT there was one moody woman I spoke to who was a complete pain in the A$£" because I couldn't guarentee that the certificate for my 2391 I had recently completed would be though before the course started she wouldn't let me sign up. City and guilds had confirmed I had passed but moody said that was unacceptable, moody wanted the certificate. She was annoying and unreasonable to the point where I either hung up or swore at her. Frikin tree hugger. Anyway, thought I'd mention that because she got on my nerves and it takes a lot to get on my nerves.
Heard they are good though but didn't do the course with them because I was being stubborn a refused to give money to the moody unhelpful one. Besides by the time my cert for the 2391 had come through the price had gone up to £900.

CAT Short Courses

Say hi to moody if you go.

P.S. Its on the far side of Wales but they have accommodation included in that price

hello I'm Mrs moody :mad:

Hi, Would have replied earlier but have been away.On my return I had an email from Logic4 training based in the South East.I,m sure its not for everyone and cant see at first glance whats quals it gives you.But cost of £495 + vat for 3 days and the possibility of 50% reduction it has to be worth checking out.

Last edited:
Hi there
I was looking into doing the PV course the CAT (centre for Alterative Technology) seem to run the course regularly. Think Guildford college does it as well but they said they run when there is demand.

When I phoned CAT there was one moody woman I spoke to who was a complete pain in the A$£" because I couldn't guarentee that the certificate for my 2391 I had recently completed would be though before the course started she wouldn't let me sign up. City and guilds had confirmed I had passed but moody said that was unacceptable, moody wanted the certificate. She was annoying and unreasonable to the point where I either hung up or swore at her. Frikin tree hugger. Anyway, thought I'd mention that because she got on my nerves and it takes a lot to get on my nerves.
Heard they are good though but didn't do the course with them because I was being stubborn a refused to give money to the moody unhelpful one. Besides by the time my cert for the 2391 had come through the price had gone up to £900.

CAT Short Courses

Say hi to moody if you go.

P.S. Its on the far side of Wales but they have accommodation included in that price

hello I'm Mrs moody :mad:

So do you need 2391 to do the PV course? I haven't done the 2391 course yet and wasn't planning to until next year.

you dont need 2391 mate, our local college where i work and im in process of doing my 2330 l3 are running the C&G PV Course as part of the lev 3, and none of us have 2391 and have been advised against taking it until we have had some on site exp

The CAT place was very insistent on it, check the web site. They say that they think that you will struggle to pass if you haven't done the 2391. I said to them I was OK for testing, fresh from teh 2391 couse, been testing fro years and used to work at Megger in Dover. Worked on the rewiring of there clean air floor, calibration are and there stores area over a period of about a year and a half and tested it it all using there equipment. Think they don't want to lose there 100% pass rate, makes em look good. I'm not sure if City and Guilds have a prerequisite of the 2391, seeing as this a City and Guilds course. There are not many places offering the 2372, lots of place offering there own version. I like the City and Guilds because its obviously more recognised. Shame the CAT place is on the arse end of Wales. just drice west and keep going, you'll arrive at CAT or get wet, one of the two.

Reply to Photovoltaic courses in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net