Discuss PIR floodlight on lamp post in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mattg4321

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve been asked to price up a job which includes fitting a 100watt led flood on top of a 6m pole.

Thinking of using a lamp post with a floodlight bracket on top. Not used one of the flood brackets before. Looks like a floodlight will attach to it at the bottom of the fitting rather than at the rear as is standard when they are attached to walls. Any recommendations as to decent fittings that will work like this. Or maybe I’m not misunderstanding how these floodlight brackets work and I can fix a floodlight to the ‘side’ of it?

It’s to be controlled via pir. Any decent 100w floods with built in pir that will work at 6m height? I suspect not. However if I use a standalone pir it could get a bit messy trying to mount it on the pole/lamp post.

Any suggestions? Cheers

Reply to PIR floodlight on lamp post in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The stately home I work with has asked me to repair a couple floodlights not working. Mounted very high up… I could hang over the roof and checked...
Replies
Views
I have an arena lit by 100w LED floodlights, to get through planning my dad fabricated hinged collapsible poles and each is wired to a plug to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Im looking at fitting a floodlight in my back garden. It is a 30w LED with PIR sensor (bought from Toolstation). Ideally, I want the PIR...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock