Discuss Please review my electrician's work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just had another look at them.Shocking,There is no professional pride in his workmanship there and the socket thats been moved looks like he has used connector blocks and taped over them.On a new install!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Dont pay him a penny and ask him to leave.Just say you had concerns and sought independant professional advice and are not willing to accept work of that standard.I am sure a spark off his forum will come and rectify it for you.If not pm me and i will come up with another spark and have a look at it and give you a price.What part of london are you?

also that plumbing looks crap.The pipes are too close together so you wont be able to get armaflex insulation over them.This means they will bang together and create noise as they expand and contract with the hot water going through them

And that stud wall looks like it was built by a group of 5 year olds in kindergarden

I know plenty of people who would tell the builder and spark to get their tools and eff off before they got a right hander

that scheme membership card he waved won`t have been real....
i know we call the scams a lot but for christs sake....just look at the pics...lol..

here's his certificate, name whited out by me.

Upload the image directly to the thread: the simple image sharer

yeah sure i need someone to come sort this out now. i'm in dalston, london. must be a certified electrician as i have to submit the certificate to the local authority.

Glen, I went to see this job originally and was upfront with the OP with regards to scam membership and not being registered but was going to get a Napit registered company (and a member of the IET) to oversee it and allow me to use it as an assessment for joining up to a scheme the OP did not want to go down that line. Fair enough I said and wished him the best.

yeah sure i need someone to come sort this out now. i'm in dalston, london. must be a certified electrician as i have to submit the certificate to the local authority.
well firstly get on to the NIC...here:

NICEIC, the home of contracting excellence - NICEIC

show them the certificate you have linked....
then show them the pics....

Glen, I went to see this job originally and was upfront with the OP with regards to scam membership and not being registered but was going to get a Napit registered company (and a member of the IET) to oversee it and allow me to use it as an assessment for joining up to a scheme the OP did not want to go down that line. Fair enough I said and wished him the best.
well then (and with all respect to the O/P) he has had his fingers singed....perhaps its time the O/P got on the phone to you....

dipzy, don't act like i didn't specify that i required a certified electrician to do the work up front because it was a local authority property - and you said you were napit registered, came to quote the work and then when i chased up your napit registration you came clean with your story. that proper annoyed me that did, especially after i was on about having a hard time finding a certified electrcian and you STILL pulled that crap on me. what planet are you from mate?

if the person you hire to carry out this work is competent to do so....but also wants to use this job for his assesment...then theres nothing ...and i repeat nothing wrong with that....
it will be assessed as per the rules for part P scheme membership....it will be notified to buildings control in the normal way....you will get a certificate for an electrical installation...together with its schedule of inspections...and schedule of tests..
Part P scheme membership is renewed annually...and members work is assesed anually
just because someone claims to be NIC doesn`t make the standard of their work any more (or less) compliant...
if you must know i`m with elecsa...:wink:

Hi guys, could you please take a moment to review the electrician's work on my flat and leave a comment as to its quality.

Switches and sockets were placed in various strange positions without my agreement. He has moved them where required but they're still not 100% and are not centered and measured properly on the walls.

We had agreed that all wires would be chased into the brickwork inside plastic conduit. I am disappointed to see so much raw cable buried within the plaster without conduit.

Thanks for your input,

Refurb - Upload the image directly to the thread

probably only repeating what has been said already but,you have had someone in messing about with wires but it doesnt look like it was an electrician...i can wear a barcelona shirt with messi printed on the back but.....well you know...maybe this kind of shoddy work is just a plus for the scam providers despite it having any connection with competent electricians.

Don't want to get into a war of words, I said the company I work with is Napit registered. Anyway good luck I hope you get it sorted.

why did you attempt to do work for a local authority property when you yourself don't hold certification? aren't you aware of local authority regulations that they require the acting electrician to hold certification? why waste my time?

my own thoughts on rectifying that mess will not be good news, i would reasonably assume that nothing that bob the bodger has touched will be safe and hence everything would be ripped out and start from scratch,i would even be reluctant to put a new backplate in a chase he has chopped in pmsl ...thats why i doubt a proper electrician will entertain it and if you go for the cheaper option again you will probably end up right back where you are now...looking for a real electrician to fix a mess.

my own thoughts on rectifying that mess will not be good news, i would reasonably assume that nothing that bob the bodger has touched will be safe and hence everything would be ripped out and start from scratch,i would even be reluctant to put a new backplate in a chase he has chopped in pmsl ...thats why i doubt a proper electrician will entertain it and if you go for the cheaper option again you will probably end up right back where you are now...looking for a real electrician to fix a mess.

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pulls hair out*

so then tell me, what's a fair price for a 67 m2 flat rewire with electric underfloor heating installation on the ground floor. because the one i paid for was 3600 quid and the one i turned down was 6000.

Yeah i cant see anyone willing to try and sort out that mes.Rip the whole lot out and start again.Its the only sensible way forward

Currently doing a full rewire on a house and checked with BC prior to starting if they would accept sign off by Napit or Niceic member their response "as long as it is compliant to the Regs and is inspected by the QS at every stage of the works, then proceed". Apologies if you think I wasted your time.

this would be my standard approach to it n all....

Cool, calm and collected is the way to go, if you can get a response from the scheme provider this will help.

If you cannot then you need to explain to the installer that you are not confident in the work quality and you feel that this is not installed to a quality at which you would be prepared to pay for and so the contract between you is cancelled and no money is owed.

Then you would need to discuss with another electrician the remedial works required, a competent electrician should be able to sort this if the install is in the state indicated in your pictures.

Good luck and remember remain calm at all times.

Reply to Please review my electrician's work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net