Discuss Possible to rewire to plug something in bathroom? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shazchip

Hello!I would really appreciate some advice - I want to do something but don't know if it's possible. I want to get a tumble dryer, but the only space to put it is in a corner of my bathroom. There are no plug sockets in the bathroom (yet there is a heated towel rail with a cable disappearing into the wall to wherever). Is there a possible solution (and would it be a huge job)? I mean, a solution which does not involve a really long extension lead to a plug socket in the hallway :) Just to clarify - I would not do the work myself (would call a qualified electrician), at this stage I just don't want to get carried away with an unrealistic idea.Thankyou!

There's no reason a socket can't be installed in the bathroom as long as it's not too close to the bath or shower. It's impossible to say how much work would be involved without seeing the existing layout of the installation.

A similar connection to your heated towel rail would probably work, but it would still take an electrician onsite to view the set up and make that decision. Someone on here may be close by and PM you later.

as above. if the location of the socket would be within 3m of the bath, an alternative would be to hard wire it. i cover south/south west of manchester if that's your location.

A similar connection to your heated towel rail would probably work, but it would still take an electrician onsite to view the set up and make that decision. Someone on here may be close by and PM you later.

Not if its taken from the lighting circuit!

pm replied to...

Reply to Possible to rewire to plug something in bathroom? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net