Discuss Power floating concrete in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

monkeyelectric

Evening all, nothing to do with electrics but i'll ask anyway :D has anyone on here ever used a power float on a concrete slab? I've got the task of building some new dog kennels at my girlfriends mums place, i've set the formwork/shuttering out and i've got no problem in laying the concrete but i've never used a power float before and she wants the surface a smooth as me on the dancefloor:D I know its all about the timing and i really don't want to cock it up!

Evening all, nothing to do with electrics but i'll ask anyway :D has anyone on here ever used a power float on a concrete slab? I've got the task of building some new dog kennels at my girlfriends mums place, i've set the formwork/shuttering out and i've got no problem in laying the concrete but i've never used a power float before and she wants the surface a smooth as me on the dancefloor:D I know its all about the timing and i really don't want to cock it up!

power floating - YouTube
try this,we had a lot done at a place i worked at

it all depends on how much stone is in the concrete, when they did ours they sprinkled grano dust on top before floating.
I was talking about that fool in your video :D i've got an rc40 mix, lafarge think its ok to be power floated so i'll just have to give it a go and see what happens, whats the worst that can happen :)

You still need a bit of strength behind you to shift the float neatly, but it did come out smooth when I did it and it is much quicker than sitting there with a bit of scaffold board!
I did have one bit where the other person was not strong enough to pull it and it got a bit rough.

You still need a bit of strength behind you to shift the float neatly, but it did come out smooth when I did it and it is much quicker than sitting there with a bit of scaffold board!
I did have one bit where the other person was not strong enough to pull it and it got a bit rough.
I got plenty off strength so i'll be able to handle it,i'll give it a blast unless i tamp it level then just leave it and go to the pub :D

Having watched a guy do this a while ago a lot of getting it right is timing and understanding when the concrete has gone off enough to take the polishing

F***ING RAIN!!! Sun came out to lay it and it was lovely for 2 hours, now the rain has come and f***ed the lot up! I really hate this country sometimes!

1st float done, nice and level, just got to wait a bit longer and have another go until i've got a surface like glass! Gonna be a long night! but at least i've got a case of stella in the van :D

Tamp it in until smooth then float a few coats if latex floor compound for perfect finish , maybe some floor paint to seal it, stop the pizz smelling to bad...
option 2 use vibrating poker

Tamp it in until smooth then float a few coats if latex floor compound for perfect finish , maybe some floor paint to seal it, stop the pizz smelling to bad...
option 2 use vibrating poker
Bit late for this slab now but what is that latex floor compound? Is it the stuff that gives a high sheen like in warehouses?

Reply to Power floating concrete in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net