Discuss Powerful ceiling fans ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Need to find some powerful ceiling fans or an alternative solution on this situation.

The building's walls (showroom) are surrounded by glass and the temperatures inside the building are getting unbearable.The shop owner already have 4 air conditions but are not sufficient to cool the place.Also electric consumption of a/c is not viable and is not reasonable to use them.

The temp in summer is between 34c-40c .Is like a greenhouse.

The owner called me to see if i can find a solution.I said to answer him in a few days.
So i was thinking
1. to use bigger A/Cs (he mention that he dont wont cause of the unsustainable el.bill)
2.Use a special tape/membrane on glass to block some of the heat
3.Use fans

for 1 and 2 is not my job but for the fans i will need to find 2 very strong ceiling fans.On the top of the shop there is a big window 3mx3m (see pic) so when we use the fans it will greate an air flow from there to the door.

My only problem is that iam not confident that the normal ceiling fans are able to create the flow i need.The usual fans are around 70-120wat.
I believe maybe i will need stronger fans,like 300watt or more.

Maybe you can have better solutions or have informations for stronger ceiling fans?

Attachments

• glass house.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 110
How about extraction? The vent axia catalogue has a commercial range of in line ducts, could be temp controlled for on off extraction. Will save all of the energy of circulating hot air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about reflective coverings for the glassware that reflect the sun's rays as oppose to creating a greenhouse effect, this isn't my ballpark but as it seems you are guessing here too I would have a chat with your wholesalers who may be able to get you a free design spec' on site for the required building size from a air handling company, this way you still get the job, you have a designed spec' and hopefully a happy customer.

Size the A/C installation correctly, shouldn't be a problem, far to many people just add another a/c without any calculations, some working against each other coming on at different times, temperature setting s all over the shop, a recipe for disaster.

Surely a ceiling fan will only push even hotter air back down. I would be looking at some sort of film on the windows as a first choice.

Last edited:

Reply to Powerful ceiling fans ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net