Discuss Powering extractor fans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That target extraction rate seems a bit high, 1800l would be over 100 air changes an hour, in normal circumstances (at least for domestic) even purge ventilation is only several air changes. And back ground would be 0.5 or less.
With 300+ people in the room, i could just about understand 1800l though. But I'm guessing not so many.

555 litres per second would give around 10 air changes per hour. Sensibly I'd be aiming around that figure.

The capacity of the hall is 50 but in practice rarely more than around 30. Part of our problem has been humidity due to people breathing and heating by IR heaters - quick rise in temp, fast fall, cold walls, = condensation. The biggest part of the refurbishment, apart for sorting out roof and pointing problems, is the installation of gas fired central heating. That will provide a background temp of around 8 degrees boosting when hall is in use. That was and is done in the church which had similar condensation problems (Grade I Listed, built in 1120) That has made a big difference in there.

Hi Sigurd,
Once you've completed your install could you come back and let us know what you did?
Quite often we never hear from people again once advice is given. I would like to know how you resolved it.

Cheers peter

Simple questions are rarely simple and discussion is a good thing, hopefully you've got enough info to prevent money being spent on something that's not going to fulfil the brief.

If you find your extract rates are a bit shy you can set a longer overrun time on the system if you use an occupancy sensor.

Good luck.

Reply to Powering extractor fans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thinking a 240V AC relay activated by two independent light switches could be used to switch power to a shared inline extractor fan. The fan...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to install a new bathroom extractor fan in my bathroom as I have a windowless bathroom and the current one I have installed in...
Replies
Views
Hi Customer has an extractor fan that’s inside the shower cubicle high up on the wall. The extractor fan has no form of isolation and is wired...
Replies
Views
Need to replace an old Vent-Axia extractor fan as the pull chord no longer works. I bought this -...
Replies
Views
I am trying to understand how a relay system works and have designed a circuit and a ladder diagram all as attached for an 8 PIN relay, a current...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock