Discuss Prestart Stretches before work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't do stretches before work. It is probably a good idea to do so though. However I do practice being on my knees for ten mins/crouching up in a confined space for ten minutes/breathing in dust for ten minutes, each and every day. I find these help me to deal with my daily workload massively!

What bits do they make you stretch. Just curious, as to what an electrician does that requires warm up exercises. Sounds like somebody in the company, is making a little empire for themselves.

Maybe Chinese or Japanese company, they're all into that sort of thing.
What I want to know, does it work ?

I'd hate to work for a company that made it's staff start the day like that, we get enough exercise as it is.
Just let management try running around a big site all day long.

Canadian company which is working for a Japanese Main contractor... the reason why they do it is to cover themselves. Pulling in 240mm2 SWA's underneath a Sub. Blokes have been known to say they've pulled a muscle and either go on work cover or get moved to another crew so to reduce this they made the stretching mandatory..... and talking about 240mm2 SWA's me and another fella have got the audacious job of glanding 3 of them in a pig of a location. Resin as well... oh the joys!!

Arrh litigation. An old colleague of mine tried, tried to claim compensation after small injury in training, even though we did the warm up. Thing was, the injury was sustained in the afternoon, and the after lunch warm up wasn't as extensive as the morning session.

Guess what, we had to do full warm up sessions after lunch as well after that :mad:

We used to have safety briefings before doing training. They had to read out, about five pages of what to do and what not to do. Used take about ten minutes. One of the trainers, eventually got a bit annoyed with having to read out the bleeding obvious. He then used to say 'Right guys, listen up, Safety briefing; don't f**k about!'. Took 5 seconds, and everyone understood. :)

Reply to Prestart Stretches before work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net