Discuss Proof that it is possible to install a BG CU tidily. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Someone commented fairly recently that all pics of BG boards posted up are usually RAF and generally turn up in the 'Dodgy trade pics' thread.
Here's a picture I just came across of one I did around 5 or 6 years ago - the old days when dual RCD and no SPD weren't considered naughty. :)
Edit - actually the meter tails don't look very nice and the old plain green 6mm earth cable curled up in the top left corner was left as a draw wire up into the loft.
IMG_2358 (1).JPG

Admin, please move this to the dodgy trade picture thread

all the screw heads are at different angles,
mk style lean to all the breakers
mixed colour schemes but no warning label (how do people stay alive without them?)

can’t seem to post any laughing faces so here they are

ha ha, laughing face, smiley face, tears and laughing face.

@Dave OCD
between you and me, don’t tell anyone.
Nice looking install, good job.

It was all done with the end of my right thumb split and bleeding, bloody sore. Does anyone else get that from stripping loads of cables ?

Someone commented fairly recently that all pics of BG boards posted up are usually RAF and generally turn up in the 'Dodgy trade pics' thread.
Here's a picture I just came across of one I did around 5 or 6 years ago - the old days when dual RCD and no SPD weren't considered naughty. :)
Edit - actually the meter tails don't look very nice and the old plain green 6mm earth cable curled up in the top left corner was left as a draw wire up into the loft.
View attachment 106237
You may find this pic on screwfix before long.

You need to ferrule those neutral flyleads. What if someone wants to use way 10 at the earth bar. Tis neat though.

Ferrules would have been ideal but this board was installed around 5 years ago and when we went back recently for another small job all connections were still absolutely solid.
If anyone wants to use that earth terminal - tough ! :) I guess you're thinking each fly lead should have been in with its respective cpc ? But the reference leads are so flimsy individually it would be difficult to get a decent termination with the larger cpc in the same hole.

Reply to Proof that it is possible to install a BG CU tidily. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net