Discuss Properties manager need advice from time to time in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am Stewart, i am estaye agent and taking care of few houses in London. Sometimes need a bit of advice from profesional electrician just in case when a greedy electrician wants to ripp me off.

I am Stewart, i am estaye agent and taking care of few houses in London. Sometimes need a bit of advice from profesional electrician just in case when a greedy electrician wants to ripp me off.
Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me

I am Stewart, i am estate agent and taking care of few houses in London. Sometimes need a bit of advice from profesional electrician just in case when a greedy electrician wants to ripp me off.

Being in London - maybe he uses Pimlico .... they certainly charge the most!

You can ask, no harm in that, of course there are chancers in both professions. Ignore any hostility you may percieve, as you know most people hate estate agents, solicitors, parking wardens, politicians, van thieves, and the list goes on. Don't let a little thing like that discourage you. Of course I will seek advice from you when an estate agent tries to rip me off, you know what they are like!

Welcome to the forum Stewart!

I'm formerly an estate-agent down in the South-East and currently an electrician after a career change. I made the career change because every-other successful agent I met was (no offence) a shark who looked for the most vulnerable - something I couldn't do. I just wanted to work an honest days labour for honest money.

Clients Between Trades:
Regardless of your trade, your client remains the same person. To put it simply, clients who don't get second-opinions are far more likely to get "ripped off" at some point, opposed to those who do.
- As an estate agent, if a client is happy to sign a 5% (average 1.5%) sole-agency agreement without looking elsewhere, would you say no?
- As an electrician, if a client is happy to pay £300 to quickly change a light-fixing, would you say no?

Therefore, I feel that it's reasonable to assume, any clients you believe are being "ripped-off" by a trades-person, are almost certainly being "ripped-off" by their estate-agent.

Reply to Properties manager need advice from time to time in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net