Discuss Proximity of gas meter to electric oven in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Anyone know how close a gas meter can be to an electric oven?

Just see plans of a replacement kitchen where the oven is directly above the gas meter.... is it 300mm?

The kitchen isn't very big and moving either the gas meter, or the oven could be tricky!

normally a 6" separation between gas and electrical services is adequate, but just use common sense to determine if the oven and/ or any heat from it could be a detrimental influence to the gas service. there's no hard and fast rule apart fron the specified 150mm.

bugger. beaten by dave fastfingers who should be receiving a robin 3131 today or tomorrow. :90:

my pet gas man isn't sure!

pet gas man:

Cute_Monkey_cropped.jpg

Reply to Proximity of gas meter to electric oven in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys Would I be correct in thinking an electric cable can be as close as 25mm to a gas meter ? (not that I'd ever be that close out of...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone In September 2023 I rented a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment, with all electric supply, no gas powered appliances. I noted down the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve got an issue driving me crazy and can’t get anyone to figure it out as it’s not their issue. We had a new extension, single rear...
Replies
Views
3 Phase Smart Meter EDMI ES -30 B Install I have a question regarding the potential replacement of my existing EON supplied ELSTER A1140 3...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock