Discuss Publish and be damned! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I know when I worked in haulage, some 20 years ago, we worked on rates of 50p a mile for artics. At that time MPs were claiming a pound a mile!!!!!!

caught a snippet today the the Governement is to spend millions propping up the construction industry, to create thousands of jobs.
The right hand giveth, the left hand taketh away!!!

Further to my last, I had a reply and invite to my MP's surgery today. He is in a consultation meeting on Wednesday and I have asked him to propose the cut-off is a little more "balck and white" i.e. when you have obtained the MCS cert for the customer. I told him that this would provide more confidence for the customer with regards to FIT payments and greatly ease their trepidation regarding delays in registering with the providers.

In addition I highlighted all of the cancelled orders, reduced system sizes (>4kW), wholesalers closing their doors, reduced credit limits, shortage of kit, rushed installs and the knock on effect with customer confidence on the entire green market.

If a few more people with contacts in high places can at least lobby for the deadline being tied to MCS registration and NOT FIT registration we might get a little relief. Last thing I want is disgruntled customers because I pulled out all of the stops for a FIT to be refused on a paperwork technicality!!

I can see where you are coming from but playing devils advocate I regret that this puts the onus on the installer to sign off the installation which will be open to abuse. We know there are installers just entering the paperwork without any actual kit being fitted and the authorities are aware of this. To ask them to accept a commissioning form as evidence of entitlement to FIT payments is asking for trouble. It is the FIT that is being cut and that is the reason for the cutoff date they are not bothered when the system is installed. I can see large brown envelopes being handed over in this situation. If the installation is found to be OK and a recorded delivery used but there is a mistake in the FIT application form which does not affect the validity of the installation then this should be corrected and accepted.

The MCS cert can be applied for in the customers house and will provide that bit of confidence that they are on the rate. This also gives us installers and end customers a couple more days in getting the FIT applications sorted. I for one am happy if this puts more pressure on me for completing the paperwork. If it gives me happy customers Im all for the extra bit of pressure.

Reply to Publish and be damned! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net