Discuss pv course last january in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

t0m87

i did the gas logic course last january, one of the very first courses i found available, i seem to chat to differnet people about pv and hear alot of things that werent mention on the course, 300ma rcd, bonding the racking etc, seems to be alot of grey areas, inverter in the loft is a cop out and the lazy way? others say its best for volt drop :S

Lots of grey areas because it's all still new, things are being found out, theories tested and the rule-makers haven't got to grips yet. Inverter uin the loft does indeed minimise the voltage drop over DC cable, but that doen't make it a cop out as you still have to run the AC cable from there to (usually) the ground floor somewhere. And the average domestic property doesn't have somewhere in the living area that's conducive to having an inverter hanging about (some manufacturers even recommend in ther install manuals that living areas shouldn't be used). Give it a bit of time and the regulators will discover us and come in with a vengeance ....

PJ

Reply to pv course last january in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey All, new member here. I work as an industrial Sparky in the supply industry and am a qualified EFM but because it's not my day job I know...
Replies
Views
We had a PV/battery system was fitted in late May, and measurements showed it was working very well, but then a few weeks ago the old meter...
Replies
Views
I was recently playing with my Amecal leakage current tester and found approx. 2mA when clamped around both tails at home, I put this down to the...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
S
First off, I'm not a sparky, but I have done household rewiring, and I'm an electronics engineer, so I'm also used to dealing with AC / DC high...
Replies
Views
siliconskum
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock