Discuss PV System Extension or New System for Fit Rate in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mattty

What are the current rules when it comes to extending a PV system. I completed an EPC for a client who installed a 4kW system 18 months ago. They are now looking to add another 4 or 6 kWs, but are receiving differing information from the 4 suppliers. There seems to be some disagreement as to whether a new 4kW system would get the current 21p or 16.8p rate.

[FONT=&quot]http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Sustainability/Environment/fits/Documents1/FIT generator guidance.pdf [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Page 22 section 2.50 of this document suggests to me that they would get the 16.8p rate whether they put in an extra 4 or 6kW.

Have any of you had to deal with this situation before and what was the outcome?
[/FONT]

From what I gathered they will keep the original 43p for the existing system but the new system (over 4kW) will go into the new 4-10kw Band (16.8)

4-10kW band
I would totally agree with the advice you have been given,

We are PV installers and trialled this exact situation of yours on my dwelling.

We had 3.85 Kwp installed 2010 at the higher rate and enjoyed the rpi rises .

We have just added two weeks ago with a 2.34 Kwp system taking us over the 4 Kwp rate change.

The added pv system was registered on the MCS when it was complete, of course it had its own inverter and another self generation meter.

We completed the FIT application after checking all the details with British Gas our existing FIT supplier having spoken them in detail about prior to installation.

The original 3.85 Kwp system is unaffected by the addition and of course has its own self generation meter clocking up at 45.4p at present.

The additional 2.34 system is viewed as between 4-10 Kwp and has its own self generation meter clocking up at 16.8p at present.

We now have two readings to send in at the time.

I would totally agree with the advice you have been given,

We are PV installers and trialled this exact situation of yours on my dwelling.

We had 3.85 Kwp installed 2010 at the higher rate and enjoyed the rpi rises .

We have just added two weeks ago with a 2.34 Kwp system taking us over the 4 Kwp rate change.

The added pv system was registered on the MCS when it was complete, of course it had its own inverter and another self generation meter.

We completed the FIT application after checking all the details with British Gas our existing FIT supplier having spoken them in detail about prior to installation.

The original 3.85 Kwp system is unaffected by the addition and of course has its own self generation meter clocking up at 45.4p at present.

The additional 2.34 system is viewed as between 4-10 Kwp and has its own self generation meter clocking up at 16.8p at present.

We now have two readings to send in at the time.

Sorry forgot to add we did get prior permission from the DNO of course as we only have a single phase supply, very straight forward though.

Our DNO UK power networks got back very quickly giving us approval for up to 8 Kwp on our single phase incoming supply very quickly, I guess they are not dealing with to many G59 applications these days

Sorry forgot to add we did get prior permission from the DNO of course as we only have a single phase supply, very straight forward though.

Our DNO UK power networks got back very quickly giving us approval for up to 8 Kwp on our single phase incoming supply very quickly, I guess they are not dealing with to many G59 applications these days

Did the DNO charge for the G59 inquiry?

The client has decided to go with a 4kW system because they believe they are going to get the 21p rate stated in the quote by the installer. As the installer has given the quote in writing stating that the new system will pay at the 21p rate would he be liable to make up the short fall?

More fool them- the installer probably needs a quiet word to let him know he is wrong

The customer has clearly been misinformed by the installer proposing to do the additional 4Kw . Has the G59 application gone through getting prior permission before the additional 4 Kw of pv is fitted.

As I understand it if this is not the case it may have repercussions on the existing installation as well as the additional 4Kw .

Reply to PV System Extension or New System for Fit Rate in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net