Discuss Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net in the Forum Sponsor News and Offers area at ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

quickwire electriciansforums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

What a bloody good question, and there is quite a long backstory to this one... In short, getting it through BS testing has been a real learning curve. Keeping the temperature low on a product that takes power in something as small as Quickwire is no easy task; the tests it has to undergo are rigorous, to say the least. Not to mention, we've found many solutions on the market that don't hold up to the tests in reality. It's been a real eye-opener. Anyway, we've resolved all the issues now, and we have the safest, quickest, and most reliable 2.5 JB on the way (that wasn't meant to sound as sales-y as it did; apologies). We were supposed to launch at the beginning of this year, but now we're looking at November. Attached is an image of the two variations.
you may remember that i asked about this a couple of years ago and you replied that you were working on it. nice to see you are progressing. it will be a life-changer if and when a ring pair in a wall fall foul of the wood butchers fitting wall cupboards.

you may remember that i asked about this a couple of years ago and you replied that you were working on it. nice to see you are progressing. it will be a life-changer if and when a ring pair in a wall fall foul of the wood butchers fitting wall cupboards.
Oh believe me, I've been fielding this question for years! We've had such bad luck with this product. First we had a major materials shortage and had a years lead time on the K75 metal we needed, then we had the pandemic followed by the most recent issues. I was beginning to lose hope myself at one point. But I'm fairly certain the wait should be worth it, should be a great solution for the adding to rings etc

we have V2 of those strippers coming out in about 2 or 3 weeks. Just waiting on arrival at base.
What is the difference between the current ones and V.2 ?
Will they be shipped with your starter bundle?
I use a different brand of those strippers and have used yours in the past, just not the wiring system.

In all honesty what puts me off is needing the tool to open and it being a PITA for anyone that follows me. Having read that it's fairly easy to do without one though I think I'll give them a try.

Brilliant news. I'll be stocking them!

I've learned the art of opening them without the tool now. Can be done with finger nails at 9am, or a stubby flat blade at 5pm.

Usually sorting out bad DIY attempts, especially involving downlights. So common to find the CPCs cut off, and the joy of your products is that you need very little cable remaining to have a CPC connection again.
Very handy for branching a lighting circuit for an extension, adding a loft light, the list is endless.
Very handy to get the lighting powered up and connected to a temporary supply during a larger board change.

If you are ever bored, a product to accept a PL L+N, and a SL L+N one end, and 2 x 3 core cables the other end, would be handy for both bathroom fans and getting power into smoke alarm circuits. I admit it's a bit niche though!

I shouldn't admit this but I have one QW plug and socket araldited together. I'll leave the purpose to your imagination but it's very handy!
Thanks for the Jam info Tim, it's useful stuff for us to keep an eye on how it's helping everyone out. The bathroom fan idea isn't that niche (I don't think) and we've had a lot of requests for one like that. I mean, most houses have two bathrooms... and it is a problem that has to be solved somehow. Something like that is the next thing we are planning on working on

Actually used them today love the product and the news that a 2.5mm version is coming out is great.
Will you be doing a version for 3 core and earth for lighting
It is something we're looking at soon. We can't do emergency lighting stuff without something for 3 core, and that's holding back big projects for some of our larger contractors we work with. Problem is there is a lot of extra tooling needed to make a lot of different parts. We're looking at it though! - How did you use them the other day out of interest? As in what application?

I use a different brand of those strippers and have used yours in the past, just not the wiring system.

In all honesty what puts me off is needing the tool to open and it being a PITA for anyone that follows me. Having read that it's fairly easy to do without one though I think I'll give them a try.
I mean you should totally go try them out ;) you'll love them. They are amazing. And I am not bias at all.
Anyway, V2 strippers have replaceable blades, a few design tweaks, and are more comfortable in the hand. Not wildly different. The replaceable blades is the winner for us, as that was always a downside and we'd been asking the manufacturers to come up with a solution on that front.

Those twin and earth strippers are really excellent, until they're not. When the blade breaks due to the stress forces put upon them, the replacement blades are almost as much as the tool itself!
I have to say I agree with you. They are fantastic but the non-replaceable blades has always been a sore point for us too. Often the blades will last years... but not always. So yes, V2 should address that issue with (more affordable) replaceable blades.

Yep use them all the time...no tool needed, just use your finger nails

It is something we're looking at soon. We can't do emergency lighting stuff without something for 3 core, and that's holding back big projects for some of our larger contractors we work with. Problem is there is a lot of extra tooling needed to make a lot of different parts. We're looking at it though! - How did you use them the other day out of interest? As in what application?
Used them to replace the spiders web of cables i found for lighting, so used the splitter and a switch and load at 3 points in the loft

Doing an order now from TLC and they dont have any quickwire items in stock.....every item says all sold....Have you stopped supplying TLC
Hi Mark, basically it's the opposite. They haven't been holding stock but we had a meeting recently and they are about to replenish their stock. They had updated the listings on their site last week and I'm expecting a stock order any day now. You'd be doing me a bit of a favour if you emailed/spoke to them and asked when they are going to have stock. Anything to speed it up ;)

Reply to Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net in the Forum Sponsor News and Offers area at ElectriciansForums.net