Discuss Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net in the Forum Sponsor News and Offers area at ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

quickwire electriciansforums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

Hi Mark, basically it's the opposite. They haven't been holding stock but we had a meeting recently and they are about to replenish their stock. They had updated the listings on their site last week and I'm expecting a stock order any day now. You'd be doing me a bit of a favour if you emailed/spoke to them and asked when they are going to have stock. Anything to speed it up ;)
Done and they said stock would be coming in but just checked website and still not in stock

The replaceable blades is the winner for us, as that was always a downside and we'd been asking the manufacturers to come up with a solution on that front.
Not had the pleasure of your products but have seen them around and thry look rather good.

I was about to launch into a rant about companies copying other designs and trying to pass the idea off as new and/or innovative; new to them sure but the tech/original idea isn't new. I have no issue with companies doing a ctrl c ctrl v with products, I'd rather they just be honest; "you've seen these before and no doubt used them but now they match your colour scheme" kinda deal.

I say "about to" and haven't because if you can get replacement blade tech into those strippers then you'll have improved an existing product and I have no issue with that, providing that it's cheaper than buying a whole new tool; that practice ----es me off BUT everything ive seen and heard of Quickwire gives me hope 🤣

Welcome aboard.

Not had the pleasure of your products but have seen them around and thry look rather good.

I was about to launch into a rant about companies copying other designs and trying to pass the idea off as new and/or innovative; new to them sure but the tech/original idea isn't new. I have no issue with companies doing a ctrl c ctrl v with products, I'd rather they just be honest; "you've seen these before and no doubt used them but now they match your colour scheme" kinda deal.

I say "about to" and haven't because if you can get replacement blade tech into those strippers then you'll have improved an existing product and I have no issue with that, providing that it's cheaper than buying a whole new tool; that practice ----es me off BUT everything ive seen and heard of Quickwire gives me hope 🤣

Welcome aboard.
Thanks for the welcome, Lister! Pleased to be here. Well, we try our best. Our core products are definitely original, the concept is patented now. The strippers are a great design, but this is down to Jokari (who are also a great company). The second version should definitely be an improvement because of those replacement blades! Anyway, you should definitely give us a go some time. Don't think you'll be disappointed

I long for the day that one of my local sheds stock them and I don't have to do an online order to get them...! They deserve to be as well known as Wago now are.

In my dreams you will one day make friends with Quinetic - a quickwire switch and load connector incorporating a Quinetic receiver would be a killer product ;-)

I long for the day that one of my local sheds stock them and I don't have to do an online order to get them...! They deserve to be as well known as Wago now are.

In my dreams you will one day make friends with Quinetic - a quickwire switch and load connector incorporating a Quinetic receiver would be a killer product ;-)
Can you send me a quick link to the Quintec product you'd like to see Quickwire on? Or will it be obvious if I go Google hunting?

Can you send me a quick link to the Quintec product you'd like to see Quickwire on? Or will it be obvious if I go Google hunting?
Well, it involves your friends TLC....!

Quinetic have revolutionised domestic lighting installs and retro-fitting lighting, and they go perfectly hand in hand with your products. A quick look on youtube will fill in the blanks.

Some people no longer run switch wires at all in rewires:

It is something we're looking at soon. We can't do emergency lighting stuff without something for 3 core, and that's holding back big projects for some of our larger contractors we work with. Problem is there is a lot of extra tooling needed to make a lot of different parts. We're looking at it though! - How did you use them the other day out of interest? As in what application?
I too keep wishing for a 3core and earth splitter, and 3core and earth T connector! I've used so many Quickwire junction boxes this year brilliant design.

I've always thought their products deserve to be better known as they are excellent.
So hopefully this will raise their profile a bit too.

(will there ever be a 2.5 sq mm T+E splitter ...?!)
I’ve used all quickwire’s products and loved them all and I too have asked them about a 2.5mm splitter!
Sadly for me it will be to late as I’m now a relaxing spark !
Not yet pension age but no longer fit for use lol
Anyway like everyone I hope they keep developing and increasing their lines because I know how much I enjoyed their stuff and still have some in my shed just incase !

What a bloody good question, and there is quite a long backstory to this one... In short, getting it through BS testing has been a real learning curve. Keeping the temperature low on a product that takes power in something as small as Quickwire is no easy task; the tests it has to undergo are rigorous, to say the least. Not to mention, we've found many solutions on the market that don't hold up to the tests in reality. It's been a real eye-opener. Anyway, we've resolved all the issues now, and we have the safest, quickest, and most reliable 2.5 JB on the way (that wasn't meant to sound as sales-y as it did; apologies). We were supposed to launch at the beginning of this year, but now we're looking at November. Attached is an image of the two variations.
Was reading your comment above about the heat problems and was going to suggest doubling up the wire grips inside lol then read you’ve already mastered it ! I may get a few when available just a shame they’re arriving as I’m cutting back to just family jobs due to I’ll health but best of luck with your future I’ve certainly loved using your products over the past several years !

@Quickwire-Sam
Just to say the new 2.5mm products are game changers when moving consumer units and I'm loving them.

And a question. I've presumed that the 2.5mm products shouldn't be used on the older 2.5mm twin and earth from the 70's with a 1mm CPC. Is that right?

Reply to Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net in the Forum Sponsor News and Offers area at ElectriciansForums.net