Discuss Random stuff, just for sharing, thank you! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yup, that's what it says under "Location"!
Or did you mean right now?
To be fair, "Glasgow" is kind of general, but hey, who's bothered?

Yup, that's what it says under "Location"!
Or did you mean right now?
To be fair, "Glasgow" is kind of general, but hey, who's bothered?
My Father was a trawler man and sailed out from Gdynia a few days before the Germans "visited" Westerplatte once news got to them they sailed to Glasgow.

I believe he signed up for the Merchant Navy as his chances at survival where far greater with the German U Boats chasing the convoys then walking home from the pub on a Friday night in Glasgow.

Drunks phoning for taxis! yes, the kids do have an APP...it's called Uber!
Never seen a cream one Andy 78, not sure if it's been "logged" but I have logged a few up here in Scotland...if you can be bothered please visit Creating photo records of every K6! - http://www.x2connect.com/RedPhonebox/NewsPage/K6PhotoGallery
The more the merrier!

In Hull we have our own telephone company.... no BT here. They historically coloured the City's phone boxes in cream... although it maybe only the gold one that is left in service now, not sure.

Big Orange Shed this morning...I hate it, especially as stuff gets put in the wrong places so you grab a 35mm back box and find it's anything but...sometimes they have totally different sized stuff in identical bags...and I hate the plastic bags that are sealed and have instructions sheets in them so you can't check the size/layout of the terminals...and, today, well it's time to query their pricing policy, for example:
1. 30A 6 way choc block, for the scandalous price of £3 and next to that, 30A 12 way choc block, for the scandalous price of...yes, £3.

2. 1.5mm earth cable is sold in 5m roll for £7 (scandalous, again), but the 10m roll is £6.

Is it just me...
Seriously, I find myself shaking my head and talking to myself when I see this stuff, wondering if I am going mad!

Having said that, a pal who is not into DIY of any sort bought a bit of flex for a table lamp in Homebase, and it was a cut length of about 2m, in a poly bag, for £7.99. I said, you could have got 50m drum for not much more if you went to bloggsco...ah, he replied, but what would I do with the bit I had left?
Which is why my garage is full of part used 50 m drums of stuff, oh and a completely full drum of 50m of twin red and earth still with the cellophane on it...and 100m of white sheathed 2.5 T&E, which I think looks so much prettier than the grey...not to mention the drum of black satellite/coax stuff I bought for a small job, before I discovered shotgun,but that'll come in handy for that TV wall-mounting job I was wittering on about in another thread...oh yes! I've used almost 6m on that project, so still some left...

Sorry, I need to go now...Matron's looking for me...

SWD, I've been called many things!
Irate Pirate, fits very well, thank you!
My family say "Oh no, here comes Victor Meldrew!"
but hey...there's stuff out there that gets me going, and I'm sure you're not immune?

SWD, I've been called many things!
Irate Pirate, fits very well, thank you!
My family say "Oh no, here comes Victor Meldrew!"
but hey...there's stuff out there that gets me going, and I'm sure you're not immune?
I'd worry about what your family says about you when you are walking away from them.........

Do you drive a Honda by any chance?

Not a Honda...

shh, don't tell anyone...
I drive a...

NO!
I can't admit to it!

Remember the old joke about the chap who, everytime he broke wind it sounded like a motorbike?
His dentist found the problem...a cist on his gum...

"Abscess makes the fart go Honda"

It's time for my medication, but I'll be back with the sheep story later...oh, sorry, wrong thread...
again

Emptying my phone of random stuff, so thought I would dump it on you guys...

Pic from Ardnamurchan, my sister's place...
IMG_2898[1].JPG

Reply to Random stuff, just for sharing, thank you! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net