Discuss Rather be at work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
with being busy at work I have only got today to get last minute prezzies for the other half and my pooch, so unfortunately I have got to make a trip to meadow hell
which to those who don't know is a large shopping complex in Sheffield, real name is meadowhall. It is going to be carnage, anybody who as watched the brad pitt movie world war z will know what i'm talking about.
So just in case I don't make it back out alive it as been fun knowing you all and please feel free to have a minutes silence for me over the festive period.
as Arnie once said hopefully i'll be back.

Well guys I made it, got there for 8.30 grabbed a coffee, shops opened at 9 and I was wheel spinning the van out of there for 9.40.
How women spend all day in there I will never know.

Well guys I made it, got there for 8.30 grabbed a coffee, shops opened at 9 and I was wheel spinning the van out of there for 9.40.
How women spend all day in there I will never know.

easy one there. a man needs a pair of shoes. goes into shoe shop. sees shoes. that'll do, buys shoes, goes home, or for a pint.

woman needs shoes. goes to shoe shop. tries on 20 pairs. don't like any. then visits 15 more shops, trying on a hundred or so. then returns to 1st shop and buys the 1st pair she tried on and didn't like.

easy one there. a man needs a pair of shoes. goes into shoe shop. sees shoes. that'll do, buys shoes, goes home, or for a pint.

woman needs shoes. goes to shoe shop. tries on 20 pairs. don't like any. then visits 15 more shops, trying on a hundred or so. then returns to 1st shop and buys the 1st pair she tried on and didn't like.

I make you right on that. My missus and sister once went shopping for some gear for a holiday. Leaving me with the screaming little uns, they were gone for over 7 hours! Upon there return i didn't utter a word, i just strolled out the door and down the pub

with being busy at work I have only got today to get last minute prezzies for the other half and my pooch, so unfortunately I have got to make a trip to meadow hell
which to those who don't know is a large shopping complex in Sheffield, real name is meadowhall. It is going to be carnage, anybody who as watched the brad pitt movie world war z will know what i'm talking about.
So just in case I don't make it back out alive it as been fun knowing you all and please feel free to have a minutes silence for me over the festive period.
as Arnie once said hopefully i'll be back.
i hate bloody shopping me....

shopping centres and chuffin supermarkets n all that lot...

i`m never happier than when amongst my cables me...

- - - Updated - - -

anyway...i thought it was for lasses...was all that shopping malarkey..

I don't buy presents for anybody. Or send cards. Or put up decorations.

I wouldn't know it was Christmas except I am forced to have time off work and watch rubbish on TV.

Probably just take the dogs out.

Have a good one.

miserable-man-16941560.jpg

boring-sign.jpg

ha ha....

I had to endure 10hrs of Cheshire Oaks on Saturday with my wife and youngest daughter (Last 2 hrs I was kipping in the car). Amazingly the car park was full but hardly anyone there. We have Merry Hell, sorry, Merry Hill Shopping Centre near us. I have steered clear today cos I can't afford the fuel to sit in queues for the car parks. Have a good Xmas everyone.

gawd. cheshire oaks. not far from me .in Hellsmere Port. horrible place .

it's a retail park full of handbag and shoe shops. pubs selling fake beer at ÂŁ3.95 a pint.

I know what you're all talking about, back in the UK, our local Mall was ''Lakeside'' with a massive retail park next to it. Always absolute murder to get in or out during Bank Holidays and Xmas sales... Which i bet is going on as we talk, being as it's ''Boxing day'' and normally the first day of the Sales!!

What a contrast over here, The Cyp's have only this year started opening the bigger supermarkets on a Sunday for half a day, and even they are few and far between.... Most shops still shut half day on Wednesdays, which can be a real pain at times. Most outlets over here, only open half day on Saturday's too... Grrrrr!!

In China everything open by 8am up until around 10pm 7 days a week!! lol!!

Reply to Rather be at work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net