Discuss RCD's inline in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Marvo. Like your thing re knowledge. I remember from somewhere that data becomes information when the data has "meaning". Guess thats a further step back!

Yep, as soon as any current flows through the RCD it would trip with a N-E fault even if the live of the faulty circuit is isolated.
yep.....and its often the case that when working on an RCD`d circuit where the neutral is still in the neutral bar (a bad practice) then if the neutral inadvertantly comes into contact with the CPC.....so then the RCD lets go.....

If these are touring vans and not static, its probably a heater or something that they have plugged in because most of there trailers are renewed every few years and theres little that run of 230v in them anyway apart from 12v transformer and fridge. I know a few travellers round my way that are sound but still gotta have your wits about you.
To be sure, to be sure

GUYS PLEASE TAKE NOTE A Lady was recently prosecuted for having made derogitory remarks about the traveling community on her facebook and as this is a PUBLIC OPEN Forum Id prefer that this forum stayts as it is ie Self goverened Im not a MOD but just saying what Ive seen in the papers

No its a static and all 230v.
It dont put me a step back really because its still inside the caravan which is what im trying to prove. Im not really bothered what it is because Im not allowed inside the actual caravan. Anything outside the caravan is my problem.
Im thinking there's a leak somewhere because it gets worse in the rain. But you try telling him that.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Well I would do your tests on the shower block side and maybe do a quick Ir test on the hook up lead as a favour and show him its a fault in the trailer. Not much else you can do if your not allowed in the trailer

GUYS PLEASE TAKE NOTE A Lady was recently prosecuted for having made derogitory remarks about the traveling community on her facebook and as this is a PUBLIC OPEN Forum Id prefer that this forum stayts as it is ie Self goverened Im not a MOD but just saying what Ive seen in the papers

I’ll try and remember that next time I find one going though my tool cupboard!

Nothing was safe on site when the ******** came on there annual visit.
I’ve even had them trying to sell back stuff they’d nicked off the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
just a point of advice,you say you have told them to turn of mcb,s etc and they say they have and it makes no difference, but have they? I,ve had many dealings with these people over the years and they very often do nothing and then say they have,one classic I had was this, installed cctv for one as he didn,t want his stuff pinched anyway kept ringing me up saying ptz was locking out so everytime I went down it was the settings that had changed,and he swore he hadn,t touched them anyway in the end one of his kids was wathching me and said "what do these buttons do cause whenever dad presses them the camera packs up" He was messing about and in the end I just refused to go out to him.they tell you one thing and do the opposite

Not allowed in the caravan? FFS why not?
I might get someone round to fix a fault that might be in my house, but not let them in the kitchen.
Daz

When I find one that isn't a thieving ******* then I will change my opinion of them. However over the last 25 years it's yet to happen. Until then it's big broad bush I'll use to tar them with.

When I find one that isn't a thieving ******* then I will change my opinion of them. However over the last 25 years it's yet to happen. Until then it's big broad bush I'll use to tar them with.

Think the point was not relevant to this forum and could cause problems forcing the forum to adopt measures it's so far avoided. Seems fair enough.

Mogga has made a valid point, it almost seems like racism remarks when talking about a certain group of people and let's not forget it is an open forum.

This is one of those times where we have to keep our own opinions to ourselves. Trust me I've had my own runnings with travellers, my sister married one! We never got on from day one because he's a tool, not because of he's up bringing, because he personally is a tool. Other members of his family are grate but even they don't like him.

The CEE socket must be protected by a RCD characteristics 415.1.1 as per regulation 708.553.1.13, so in this case an S type one can not be used

Damn there goes my only bit of play!
I went and had a look today,crawled underneath and saw a junction box that some twonk has used outside to connect the masserator to a plug top, the only problem is that there's no.signs of obvious damage or water residue and IR the lead and it was fine. But its the inly obvious thing. Told her that next time this happens unplug it and put the RCD back first.
She also said RCD in outhouse (first from.CU) when it trips you cant reset it immediately but the one in the caravan you can. Sounds like it could be packing up?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reply to RCD's inline in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net