Discuss Really... Are people for real in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigbaddave

"Rated people job" I have had a full rewire including new consumer unit. I now require an Electricians to come and issue a cert..

Budget under £250

Im tempted to buy just to give them my best advice...

I have feeling when the 3rd party testing comes in alot of us will be keen to find error and pull up on every thing possible just so we can leave and say ....well thats what you get for trying to cut corners :smilielol5:

I have feeling when the 3rd party testing comes in alot of us will be keen to find error and pull up on every thing possible just so we can leave and say ....well thats what you get for trying to cut corners :smilielol5:
If it has'nt been done by a clued up spark , it won't be hard to find fault. Just make sure you get your ££ up front

Nice thought Mr Darkwood,but probably not what will eventually happen lol

I foresee a free for all.
The hoseholder and diyers doing the installations,then a rush by the little trained and/or unscrupulous ( and there are now countless numbers legalised) making the price crash to the point where it compares with PAT and eicrs

We all know that the competent and regs abiding don't usually have the possibility of competing against these charlatons ( I like that word)
icon7.png

Well thats why i stick to industrial even the competent domestic sparks stay well clear and give them a machine breakdown they run a mile ..... its the only side of the business that isn't flooded with DIY although yes it does happen but not on the same scale.

"Rated people job" I have had a full rewire including new consumer unit. I now require an Electricians to come and issue a cert..

Budget under £250

Im tempted to buy just to give them my best advice...
issue a boot up arse more like...
anyway, i didn`t think that the proposed third party signoff thing was in yet.....

issue a boot up arse more like...
anyway, i didn`t think that the proposed third party signoff thing was in yet.....
Not in yet and not likely to be available as another way to waste your money with schemes for a while, they are not yet setting it up.
But I can still see a lot of people from April starting to offer this whether they are signed up to a third party sign off scheme or not!

Reply to Really... Are people for real in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net