Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Receipt storage

Discussion in 'Business Related' started by Matty o, Feb 27, 2012.

Discuss Receipt storage in the Business Related area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Matty o

Matty o Regular EF Member

How do you store your till etc receipts
    Currently i have a ring binder with a pocket for each month but can get a bit messy

2. tonycoysh

tonycoysh Guest

I use a box folder. Oldest receipts at the back, newest at the front. When it gets full I mark it up and start the next one. Keep them until my accounts are filed and then move the whole financial year to a storage box and put them up in the garage. I only do this as someone somewhere once told me you're supposed to keep all accounts for 5 years. As I have not got to 5 years yet I haven't done any more. I guess when I do I will just shread or burn.

3. HandySparks

HandySparks Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Neish Electrical Services
    Thick ring binder for all purchasing paperwork. Big stuff, A4 or similar gets punched and filed in purchase date order (most recent on top, as tonycoysh). Small till receipts go in an ordinary 1/3rd A4 envelope, punched, which goes at the front of the binder. The envelope is small enough that things tend to stay in the corect order.