Discuss Registration Plates, just for fun... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hole-ly appropriate...
Really wanted OSH 1T, but apparently not available..
LAB 1A similarly...
but famously,
PEN 1S did get through the net...

Oddly, it seems that the highest number of cherished numbers is in Scotland per head of population, it's 5 times higher than the rest of UK...
My wife has SU51 SMR, so her first name and her initials...£300 from
REGTRANSFERS...
It's a bit of fun, for sure...but the Saudis have been known to spend millions, yes millions, to equip their fleet of Bentleys...

I paid, no, my wife paid, £450 for my plate, 15 years ago...and quite frankly, though I like it, I am fed up with her saying
"Mike saw you in Edinburgh today...what were you doing there?"
or
"How was the M74 around Abington this morning?"
Not that I've got anything to hide, obviously!
Next change of car I'm going with the anonymous plates...
traffic wardens target you, polis target you, it's daft...
Nothing worse than being pulled over by Traffic and getting the treatment...
I have found that asking
"Hello, have I done something wrong officer, or are you just practising your sarcasm?" is not a good plan...
...while sitting on the hard shoulder, accused of driving at 80mph at 6am when the road is empty, and the guys from the from the fruit market in their Nissan Urvan, orange in colour, overloaded, the front wheels touching the ground only occasionally, cruise by untouched...
(Sorry, rant over...have bought a car in Spain, tortuous process, but in Menorca nobody bothers...about anything! Love it!)

I was chatting to my work colleagues late last year how I thought the idea of having a private plate makes me shudder. How, as mentioned by pirate every Tom, Dick & Harry spot the plates and then know where you are or have been.
Then my missus, as a surprise, goes and buys me one for Christmas, arghh....! Its now mid March and I haven't yet transferred it on to my car. My missus keeps asking about it and I keep making excuses, which are now wearing a bit thin.

I was chatting to my work colleagues late last year how I thought the idea of having a private plate makes me shudder. How, as mentioned by pirate every Tom, Dick & Harry spot the plates and then know where you are or have been.
Then my missus, as a surprise, goes and buys me one for Christmas, arghh....! Its now mid March and I haven't yet transferred it on to my car. My missus keeps asking about it and I keep making excuses, which are now wearing a bit thin.
Yeah but then again I wouldn't be in a hurry to fit TO55ERS to my car either ;o))))

If I was ever in the position to afford an expensive new(ish) car - Range Rover, Aston, S-Class Merc, etc. - I'd like one of those 'no date' plates so that the average Joe wouldn't know the car was brand new.

Bang on Satori. local garage owner has a brand new top of the range Lexus every couple of years and has a "no date plate" and always the same colour. The Local Lexus dealer dropped off a new one on the forecourt for him to sample. When the dealer got back he was given an ear bending by the garage owners wife telling him to shift it (she does the bookwork). The reason being that customers come to collect their vehicles see a brand new vehicle and then delayed bill payments because he was obviously doing alright.

Might be in the minority but I can't really see the point. I don't think I'd even ask for a custom last three letters if buying a new car.... Not that I'd ever buy a new car either lolol

About as pointless and my post :D

everytime i pass a slowcoach doing 30mph in a 50 limit, i wish i had PR11 CKS.

Saw this on the A303 a couple of hours ago .......... one for Dan maybe?

1 TEL.jpg

and no I wasn't driving!

Reply to Registration Plates, just for fun... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net