Discuss Ret Method??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dizzy_Maskell

Guys just a quick one to see if any one can tell me the correct reference method to put down for this.
EICR on house the guy has done DIY himself and spurred of a socket drilled through outside for some PIR outside lights.
Issue is he took the supply from downstairs and fed the twin a earth up the drain pipe.
I must admit it looks very neat but just can't find drain pipe in the regs for reference method.
I'm assuming it can handle more current as the rain water keeps it cool but if anyone can let me know that be great.

Guys just a quick one to see if any one can tell me the correct reference method to put down for this.
EICR on house the guy has done DIY himself and spurred of a socket drilled through outside for some PIR outside lights.
Issue is he took the supply from downstairs and fed the twin a earth up the drain pipe.
I must admit it looks very neat but just can't find drain pipe in the regs for reference method.
I'm assuming it can handle more current as the rain water keeps it cool but if anyone can let me know that be great.

Be C surely clipped direct

Be C surely clipped direct

He had not used any clips though

on the inside or outside of the drain. inside would be ref.B/W.... in trunking, water cooled.

You can’t beat water cooled cables. 4000A shoved through 350mm singles takes some cooling.

An absolute swine the find an earth fault on.

Am I getting this right? He's fed the cable up the bottom of the down pipe at floor level, and then out of the top at the gutter??? Daz

Correct then straight into the light, got to admire him for hiding the cable so looks neat but can't believe your eyes sometimes.
Im half expecting the lamps on the mantle piece to be fed through the gas pipe to the fire he's got.

Saves pulling the floor up twice run a gas pipe in install cables and turn gas on easy why did we not think of it years ago

there's be nothing wron with cabling alonside the pipe and cable tying it.

No round the back prob would have looked just as neat too,
Think he was proud of his idea though thought he has out smarted the world kind of guy

Reply to Ret Method??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net