Discuss rf thermostat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

foghorn

hi guys need some help, am wiring in danfoss wireless thermostat boiler has a link wire to remove and place 2 wires from transmitter these have to be voltage free however I am getting 3 volts across the two wires from the transmitter when not calling for heat and no volts when calling for heat and continuity when calling for heat no continuity when not why am I getting 3 volts when not calling for heat as the connections to the boiler need to be voltage free

no coming from the transmitter the two wires that are going to replace the link wire in the boiler 3 volts only present when not calling for heat

- - - Updated - - -

reluctant to connect into boiler as it says connections must be voltage free

I thought voltage free meant its separate from the boiler and you can have any voltage switched ie you could switch 12v or 230v it's whatever you choose to switch as long as its within the contacts rating

Last edited:
no its means no voltage applied from outside depending if open or closed contacts (I know you can apply 230 to some) but never seen that on a boiler but 3 volt will not hurt

not connected into the boiler however it seems to be doing what is required as when calling for heat two wires from transmitter =continuity turn room stat down stops calling for heat and two wires no continuity but at this point I have 3 volts across the two wires hence why not connected into boiler as it states must be voltage free connections

Reply to rf thermostat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Extremely low voltage on 120v line Hi, I’m not an electrician but my home has 20 amp breaker that has only one outdoor outlet on it with a GFCI...
Replies
Views
1 - Major supply fault, details unknown. By time I get there DNO already put in genny and are digging up road. 2 - Reason for call, heating not...
Replies
Views
I have not had to do the wiring for a wet underfloor heating system before. I think I started a thread fairly recently and had some very good...
Replies
Views
m having a bit of an issue that is proving difficult to resolve. For 2 years I have been having no problems with my setup. I have a 3 zone house...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've installed a Lorex doorbell recently, but it is not turning on. I did some tests using a multimeter and this is what I found...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock