Discuss riots in london,enfield. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I Went the other way. Had a really poor attendance record at school. Started off by skivving off occasionaly and once i realised nobody was going to punish me i did it all the time. Spent a lot aof time getting into mischief and finished up with an attendance record of less than 50%.
After leaving school with pretty decent grades(all bs and cs) i spent the next 3 years bumming around doing odd jobs befor lucking into an apprenticeship.

I couldnt agree more with the above post. What i really needed at that age was a good kicking and someone to make me focus on school.
Im doing pretty well now but could have done much more with my life if id just applied myself.

Good for you Grimy!

I forgot something, saw a BBC prog the other week where they were saying that adolescent brains go into complete overdrive and that's why they're the nutters they are! They need a good thrashing now and again!

yeah mate couldnt agree more i have 2 teenage daughters and always tried to teach them the morals i was taught I got up to things at school and whilst younger but when the teacher cracked you one or caned you it resulted in knowing were you stood and calming your attitude down I never went home and told me dad for the fear of getting another crack as i had done wrong
the times we have had to go in school over one thing and another like bullying etc etc is a joke my dad would have killed me after first time were todays kids seem to get away with everything and given everything instead of earning it and i truly cant rememeber him ever hitting me but remember the fear of god in case he did to me he was always a giant and someone to be scared of so i knew when to shut up and behave

Whatever your thoughts on the riots in England and who or what is to blame
My own belief is that in all of nature there is structure and discipline

A line has to be drawn for a child that says,"that far" but do not cross
The line for this society has become faded possibly by curtailing discipline in schools,work,social life

The punishments for crossing that line have also been blurred,the severity may not be the deterent it needs to be at the outset

Lack of discipline is also a failure of society to its young ones,they need clear lines drawn and consequences for overstepping that line
They also need hope encouragement and activities,

Brucie,

Teenage daughters...tell me about it!!!
I've got 3 15, 13 & 8. Talk about feeling outnumbered.
I won't begin to start babbelling about the wife...

Hi Mate i have a grey hair for every day i spent with them
so you must have a good few grey hairs lol

dont mention the wife she may be watching or listening

endless conversations I have to listen to about
perfume,clothes, BOYS!!!!!, soaps , mobile phones laptops,facebook mate i gave up listening

Haha...If I don't cut my hair short, at least a No 4, I look like a frigging badger.
add to your list Coronation Street, dearest wifey's got them addicted to that now, and the endless repeats with all these itv channels and she wonders why I drink so much.

yeah mate

ive been going for a short back and sides more regular to remove the silver streaks hehe
mate as for corrie dont even go there it start early in this house with the australian rubbish and every other soap hospltal drama etc until 9

why do you think i come on here so much its my salvation

Justice Kamikaze style! A lightweight crimefighting glove containing a fistful of cool gadgetry has been designed for the police. The glove deters violence but, in case negotiations break down spectacularly a safety pull-pin preps the four wrist electrodes to function as a stunner and a button in the palm unleashes half a million volts of electricity to temporarily incapacitate the target. Other buttons activate a laser pointer for impromptu PowerPoint presentations, HD video camera for filming your own justice based reality TV show and flashlight for lighting said show. If that's not enough, customisations are available on request. I think they should include a cup holder, and a pencil sharpener. :smile:

Glove 1.jpgGlove 2.jpgGlove 3.jpg

Reply to riots in london,enfield. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock