Discuss rough estimate for electrical work in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rev2000

Hi,

I'm having some electrical work carried out and I'd like to get a rough estimate of cost for installing 10 spotlights and a water feature in the garden:

inside house
1 nr spur unit connected to socket circuit
1 nr 2 gang light switch and cabling from the spur unit (1 for water feature, 1 for lights)
Access cable route under floorboard
Wall chased where necessary with rough plaster

outside house
route armoured cable from switches to junction box
install 10 nr IP rated junction boxes for 10 spotlights
install 3 core armoured cabling and terminate at junction boxes with earth continuity straps
install 10 nr light fittings (provided by client)
install 1 nr water pump (provided by client)

Could anyone give me a range of prices to expect? Many Thanks

Needs a look......other factors with the existing install such as circuit protection and main bonding need to be taken into account,just pure guess work otherwise.

as above^^^. needs a look see before any idea can be given. chester is within my catchment area, be happy to come and give you a quote. no charge for looking.

Rev if I were you I would take Tel up on his offer, it costs nothing for the quote and we can all vouch for him. He will give you a fair and realistic price for the work you require. It's a no brainer really

as above^^^. needs a look see before any idea can be given. chester is within my catchment area, be happy to come and give you a quote. no charge for looking.

Thanks telectrix. If you could give me a quote that would be great

pm sent.

I'll do it cheaper
Just joking rev2000
Tel I's a friendly knowledgeable electrician, he does know his stuff ,so have no fears

Reply to rough estimate for electrical work in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net