Discuss rough pricing help?? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cal_dood

Hi all.

the company i do most of my work has asked me to price jobs up rather than by hour so they know beforehand how much its going to cost.

ive only ever priced jobs up in domestic situations before, so im at a bit of a loose end with how much to charge for the company.

they want a new dist board wiring about 30m from the main board, the route is fairly simple, but does go through the floor to the ceiling\floor upstairs, along, then through the ceiling\floor again to the new board.

im not buying the parts, so its labour only, then test & inspect at the end.

the cables 25mm 5 core swa so its abit akward.

would someone be able to tell me roughly how much i should be charging?? i know its abit vauge, but i just need an idea so i can work on it.

thanks guys :)

Edit: oh and its industrial work

So then what do you want to earn in 4 days ....................commercial/industrial should be a better price so I would say in today's market 20-30 pounds an hour depending on where you are.

32 X 25 ph = 800 pounds and if you have a lad to help you 60-70 for 2 days work say another 140 pounds so perhaps a 1k

That is so rough a guide that it is not true as there must be so many factors, Heights if any, paperwork risk assessment, method statements etc etc, , access times, where your based, how much you need the work but at least it may help

Well i was charging £17 p/h which was my domestic rate, but i charge (charged) the factory that because they get me alot of work besides the work i get streight from them.

I was thinking around £1000 because normally i dont have a lad with me as its mostly panel wiring or other one-handed kind of jobs if that makes sense.

Thanks guys, all been a big help :)

Reply to rough pricing help?? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net