• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss S plan heating system in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum. I’ve landed on a job on a dental surgery. The plumbers have installed new heating and got water system and basically left me to wire it up. Struggling to get my head around it and could do with some help. They’ve installed two boilers that are going to work together, two pumps one for c/h one for h/w. There’s three zone valves two for downstairs and one for upstairs. There’s also a h/w cylinder with a cylinder stat. They then want three room stats for c/h two downstairs and one upstairs. Any would be appreciated cheers

S plan heating system 162228E5-A3A3-46C6-8C6A-70D949470F84 - EletriciansForums.net
Hi guys new to the forum. I’ve landed on a job on a dental surgery. The plumbers have installed new heating and got water system and basically left me to wire it up. Struggling to get my head around it and could do with some help. They’ve installed two boilers that are going to work together, two pumps one for c/h one for h/w. There’s three zone valves two for downstairs and one for upstairs. There’s also a h/w cylinder with a cylinder stat. They then want three room stats for c/h two downstairs and one upstairs. Any would be appreciated cheers
It’s basicaly an S plan+

The only thing that has thrown me is the two pumps? what type boilers are they?
No valve for the H/W then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you a qualified sparky?

Separate these zones and the hot water system and draw it out should be easier to get your head round

Cheers for the reply’s guys. Sorry I missed the valve for the h/w it does have one. The boilers are Worcester ones. I’m a qualified spark I work on mainly commercial buildings. Not done ant s plan since the am2.

Draw it out on paper for the heating separate from the hot water just to divide and conquer and you will see its rather simple as it's all in series pal.

Cheers for the reply’s guys. Sorry I missed the valve for the h/w it does have one.
You need to tell us.
so you have 3 heating zones (2 downstairs 1 upstairs) each one with a valve and controlled by a room stat
1 H/W zone valve controlled via tank stat.
two pumps one for the system? one for secondary return?
Is this correct?

If it’s a secondary return it should be obvious as it will be plumbed into the cylinder secondary return...The pump will have bronze or SS impellers and the housing is usually yellow if it’s a grundfos pump.

Reply to S plan heating system in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back