Discuss Scolmore Click : Need a full range ... are they good ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Medium quality job all to be white etc etc . Are they ok across the range ? Or continue to use Schneider Lisse's from screwfix ?

Last edited:
Medium quality job all to be white etc etc . Are they ok across the range ? Or continue to use Schneider Lisse's from screwfix ?

I have started using them instead of Hager, the terminals are round and the layout of the sockets just feels nicer. E2G have some very good prices too. The light switches are all part of there grid range, you can unscrew the modules so if you get caught out you can dissemble a fan switch and three light switches and make a triple switch for example. You can buy or configure a fan isolator and fuse in a three module plate which is handy.

I know I'm DIY but have used probably 200+ accessories, sockets I can't fault, good quality terminal screws and terminals, dual earth terminals, double pole switches with nice solid action, can plug plugs in easily. All round the sockets feel solid and well made

The FCUs, 20A dp switches etc are good as well, the L&N supply and load terminals are all accessible from the top. Only minor complaint is the earth terminals are smaller than the other terminals and in are a less than ideal position on the switch, but there are still two. Other brands I've used have equally awkward earth terminal placements.

Light switches all work on the minigrid system, so you can have say a 3 gang switch with two 2 ways and an intermediate, also Quinetic make a click minigrid compatible switch which might be of use. The terminals are good quality, can get 3 x 1.0mm^2 in easily. I've had 1 faulty switch out of the lot that wanted to spring into one position and was harder to switch to the other position, but was a one off.

Cooker switch also good, very nice big terminals, solid feel to the switch.

Click mode is my go to brand for white accessories, price very reasonable too and widely available (toolstation)

Used to be my everyday domestic go-to when I was house bashing for a while - can’t really fault them and the modular nature is just brilliant.

Reply to Scolmore Click : Need a full range ... are they good ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net