Discuss Seaward ntb-1 INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE PLEASE in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Help !! Need a diagram as to how to use the ntb-1 rcd tester, not sure as to how to use it with my pt250+
The intended use of an NTB-1 is to let you RCD test an extension lead that incorporates an RCD or a plug-in-RCD without tripping an upstream RCD.
Presumably all it does is connect earth and neutral inside so the upstream devices sees no in-balance.

So you'd use an IEC lead to power the NTB-1.
Then either the plug-in RCD or extension lead incorporating RCD into the 3 pin socket on the NTB-1.
Finally an IEC lead from the plug-in RCD or other end of extension lead into the PT250+

The RCD test will leak current to earth which is really Neutral due to the NTB-1, so the upstream RCD will believe all is well.

The intended use of an NTB-1 is to let you RCD test an extension lead that incorporates an RCD or a plug-in-RCD without tripping an upstream RCD.
Presumably all it does is connect earth and neutral inside so the upstream devices sees no in-balance.

So you'd use an IEC lead to power the NTB-1.
Then either the plug-in RCD or extension lead incorporating RCD into the 3 pin socket on the NTB-1.
Finally an IEC lead from the plug-in RCD or other end of extension lead into the PT250+

The RCD test will leak current to earth which is really Neutral due to the NTB-1, so the upstream RCD will believe all is well.

Reply to Seaward ntb-1 INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE PLEASE in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
A recent thread on the suitability of a cable supplied preinstalled on a manufactured floodlight/pump had me wondering a few things. Over the...
Replies
Views
Hi Could someone please help with a wiring diagram or instructions to wire up a buzzer to a 10A 1 gang press bell switch. It has L1 and L2 at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I was looking at installing a SPD into an existing split load RCD BG consumer unit. In the instructions for the SPD it states that it may...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm new to this and I'm looking for someone to review my wiring diagram. I'm not sure if I need a fuse block because I'm using an XTM...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock