Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Security alarm and garage questions in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Jamspark55

Jamspark55 EF Member

Business Name:
    JM Electrical
    Hi everyone, I’ve not done much with security alarms , just about to install one in my new house and have a few questions.

I’m building a garage at the back of the garden about 20 m from the house, my question is can I use a zone on the panel and run a cable to the garage for a door contact and pir? Also can I bring a cable for a second keypad? So I can turn the alarm off from the garage, if I don’t go in the house?

Cheers

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    yes and yes. a couple of 8 cores (or cat5 ), in a duct, or might be an idea to go for a wireless or hybrid. system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jamspark55

Jamspark55 EF Member

Business Name:
    JM Electrical
    Okay that’s great, thanks for your help

4. Dobes_88

Dobes_88 Jamie

Texecom Premier Elite systems allow you to run 2 x wired zones from your keypad, therefore only needing 1 x 8 core cable from the main panel to garage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KWCFC

KWCFC CCTV / Alarms

Recommend you wire it in a seperate duct from your mains if you take that route.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. samyusuf

samyusuf New EF Member

108 Wyndham Road, SE5 0UB London, United Kingdom
    Business Name:
    Landlordsafetycertificate
    Hi, Its a good idea to install security alarm and yes may be you need some cables from your garden to the garage if you are not going with wireless security alarm system but I suggest you to hire professional for this as they better know how much cable is required and how to implement this whole system properly.