Discuss Shed alarm please guys in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello guys

can anyone suggest a wired alarm kit that will go into a shed, ideally the unit can send a txt message to a phone.
A wired stand alon PIR unit will be nice but all i can find are cheap battery ones which are a bit useless

can anyone suggest a wired alarm kit that will go into a shed, ideally the unit can send a txt message to a phone.
A wired stand alon PIR unit will be nice but all i can find are cheap battery ones which are a bit useless
by the time the alarms gone off ,their will be the great trolley dash ,to get out all the gear.

i dont have any recommendations for a sending unit but for an alarm sensor a capacitive sensor attached to the door knob or handle to trigger the alarm (when it is armed)
an example would be like a touch sensor module used in touch lamps
touching the handle or door knob would trigger the switch

a capacitor charged to 300V D.C, attached to the door handle would be fun.

mate ofmine has a movement detector outside the shed, linked to a loud speaker inside plays a recording of an angry rottweiler barking.

Reply to Shed alarm please guys in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, Please may I ask if light fixtures must now always be fitted by an electrician? also for domestic homes, is it okay for there to be a...
Replies
Views
Hello People Our Enphase solar system needs to have the AC supply shut down via the fire alarm contactors local input output unit that has NO &...
Replies
Views
So this Sunday coming, 3pm, the mobile phone networks in the UK will allow the government to send an alarm signal to every compatible device in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I purchased these from Amazon about a year ago. They worked okay then stopped working. There is a few alternatives to buy but are very...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am an enthusiast amateur undertaking wiring of two outbuilding under a building notice. I am soon to be subject to a first fix inspection...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock