Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not too bad really, nice and neat and plenty of space.
Not so sure about identifying all the circuits' cables as cpcs with tape.
In general a lot better than many you see.

Agree, ...it's always nice to see a CU being provide that has plenty of room to dress the conductors neatly to their respective termination points etc!!

well if we are showing our CU's.

from this

WOODHAVEN 1.jpg

to this

WOODHAVEN 2.jpg

View attachment 19203View attachment 19204 Im new on here so go easy on me couple of CUs i have done in the last few weeks, second pic the builder went an collected the meter tails for me an they were not the best so when i went to strip of 25mm of coloured core it was almost stuck on (guess they were cheap) so i am aware that looks a bit ruff, oh an in the first pic i added the spare fuse covers to the din rail
Its another work of art, shame about the tape,' get yourself a heat-shrink kit just to cover cables as they enter cu, also if you had spent 2 mins sorting out that live tail I would have given you 9/10. However as it stands I give you 8/10 nice one mate

Garage CU

Garage install.

The trunking and DB were neatened up after the picture don't worry.

6mm SWA run from new CU then to new DB in garage with 2 radials and a couple of lights.

Cheers
Oh and I wouldn't have personally chose proteus but work provides us with such boards so no choice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 349
  • image.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 377
  • image.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 374
  • image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 344
Re: Garage CU

Garage install.

The trunking and DB were neatened up after the picture don't worry.

6mm SWA run from new CU then to new DB in garage with 2 radials and a couple of lights.

Cheers
Oh and I wouldn't have personally chose proteus but work provides us with such boards so no choice.

I think those swa cleats could have been a bit closer together and they look a little uneven in pic 3 :bigear:

When cleating SWA in the horizontal plain I've always snagged cables that do not hang from the cleat but hangs onto the cleat ie screw at the top lol and drill the brick much better fixing apart from that looks the bees knees well done!!!!!!!!

When cleating SWA in the horizontal plain I've always snagged cables that do not hang from the cleat but hangs onto the cleat ie screw at the top lol and drill the brick much better fixing apart from that looks the bees knees well done!!!!!!!!

I started a thread on that a while back, I fix at the top of the cleat but a guy I used to work with was adamant it was better fixed at the bottom. Ok so probably not too much of a prob for small csa stuff, but I always imagine bigger cables will bend the cleat over time if they're fixed at the bottom

I think i would have used about double the number of saddles you've used there. Its verticle I know, but in warm wether i wouldn't be suprised if that distorts. Sorry!!

Nah don't be sorry for your comment, criticism is what makes us all better so I welcome it, and the cleats I take your point, more cleats would have supported and looked neater,
Thanks ppl...

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net