Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Whoops your right there Tony...... definitely not one of my installs, far from it.

This should have gone in ' Tell about us your faults' thread, maybe if one of the kind Mods spots this they could possibly move it over

Thank you

Sy

Sorry mate, don't hink thats allowed. You've finally let slip your high standards of work!:ihih:

Sorry mate, don't hink thats allowed. You've finally let slip your high standards of work!:ihih:

Oh ok then, go on then it was me, busted!

Was just having a bad day, got fed up with the breaker constantly tripping out and thought this would be a quick fix :uhoh2:

Best not show this one for yearly nic visit in a few weeks time

Image0531.jpgImage0532.jpgImage0533.jpgImage0537.jpg

Attachments

• Image0534.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 651
Hmmm... aesthetically it looks crap, functionally having the trunking all round serves no purpose...i assume you in your learning curve here so please dont take direct offense its an honest opinion from a well experienced engineer.... take it as constructive advice

I’ve got to agree (don’t all fall over laughing, it does happen occasionally) but the surrounding trunking is a total waste. It serves no purpose what so ever.

Ergonomics (look it up) are one thing, that just looks plain daft to an electrician. It’s a waste of money.

PS I don’t like sockets on their side either.

Thanks for opinion, the trunking was for running the cables from the ceilings into CU, it's a brick wall, and on the other side of the wall there's a neighbours apartament. As the cost wise it's not that expensive,but some would rather have a pint for that money:)

May be, the cables where not screwed in yet as I'm allways taking them out when installing CU, and only checking and tighten the cables after testing,same with all the circuits etc. testing one circuit and then tighten all its connections, then going to the next one.
oh and as well if someone will spot that the earth cable is hanging about, it's not because I leave them like that,MET is outside the CU, and it wasn't done by the time the picture was taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got no problem with the trunking going around the entire consumer unit, as for costing more it wouldn't as it looks like one length has been used total and last time I looked you can't get it in half lengths ;). It makes for wiring the accessories below neater too. The next bloke in, will probably be thanking you, as now he can bring the the cables in through the bottom entry points without having to squeeze it thought the top with the original cables. Nice job

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got no problem with the trunking going around the entire consumer unit, as for costing more it wouldn't as it looks like one length has been used total and last time I looked you can't get it in half lengths ;). It makes for wiring the accessories below neater too. The next bloke in, will probably be thanking you, as now he can bring the the cables in through the bottom entry points without having to squeeze it thought the top with the original cables. Nice job

I think you're well and truly in the minority on this one!! Oh, and there is nothing neat about this arrangement, visually or otherwise.... lol!

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net