Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm sure somebody will jump in and tell me it looks crap (inb4 heat shrink) but I think it was a good effort with the very limited room for my first 240mm 4 core. Temp supply connected to a 400amp generator, which was huge

heres a few of the installs i done since i finnished my training
theres some decorative work from a regular customer of the company i do work for aswell as another (solar firm) mostly solar there but thats all i did for 18 months and was a very busy 18 month most the time it was 7days a week all day and over time
View attachment 22357 View attachment 22358 View attachment 22359

each install below took 2-2.5 days with the odd 3 days to all put together

View attachment 22356

View attachment 22360 View attachment 22361 View attachment 22362

View attachment 22363

View attachment 22364

View attachment 22365 View attachment 22366
i hope that hot tub is TT....

How can you judge the size of the cable with no scaled point of reference?

It looks like a neat job to me, it certainly shows up the naff job the generator builders have done!

Which bunch of monkeys built that particularly badly laid out generator?

Which bunch of monkeys built that particularly badly laid out generator?

Cummings power generation did the lot I think, engine itself is something like 9 litres

looks ok to me, also seems small for a 240mm?

It certainly was, took 3 guys to lift, angle and persuade it into the thing :smilewinkgrin:

Rough job that, lot of copper showing there.

Given the buzz bars are right next to it, it's more ascetics than anything at the end of the day :leaving:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cummings power generation did the lot I think, engine itself is something like 9 litres

Given the buzz bars are right next to it, it's more ascetics than anything at the end of the day :leaving:

They’re only buzz bars if you touch the while they are live, most of the time they’re busbars.

I will agree with Dave, the panel is crap. The N→E link looks dodgy to say the least.

Wana c a dodgy N to E link ??saw this today
864d70f26840b032aa5e35dc0763f22b.jpg

Ad least you can isolate the main earth ,

Obviously but the main earth is wot I was mainly drawing attention to
I'm currently seeing something ridiculous every day like a installation with no earth at all all In the same small village . God knows wots gone on

Rough job that, lot of copper showing there.

Boydy

To be fair, I'm not very impressed myself now looking at it. They weren't all done by myself. I will be making sure that is addressed when we return to do the extension at the property.
As for the tails comment. Is it common for them to be stripped at entry to the board??
I have never seen this done.
Thanks for pointing this out.

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net