Discuss shower in downstairs on rcd upstairs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i assume you have a dual RCD board. you can feed the shower from either RCD. obviously on it's own MCB at the correct rating etc., etc.

ok now i have a shower which is 8.5kw its a new circuit. cu is dual rcd shower is gonna be in downstairs. there is no space for the shower circuit breaker on rhe rcd which feed downstairs sockets and up stairs lights. there is space on rcd which feeds upstairs sockets down stairs lights can i connect to that one ?

of course you can. what size cable feeds the shower?

OK, then reconfigure the CU. make an extra way on the other RCD by fitting a +1 way busbar and sliding RCD2 across 1 way, cut 1 way off that busbar. can't do this if it's a starbreaker CU.

Your fuseboard should be wired so a mixed set-up of upstairs and downstairs circuits are across the 2 rcd's i.e Upstairs socket and downstairs lights on RCD-A and respectively Downstairs sockets and upstairs lights on RCD-B.

This is standard good design practice and has advantages in its set-up.

PS swap the circuits arounds if you foresee issues with the existing set-up and re-label with the Labelling machine you have as part of your tool kit ;)

Sell them some candles and some matches?

Seriously though I'd just get on with it. How many ways in the board and couldn't you just move another circuit over?

Oh, erm, well I thought the 'YEEHAA' at the end of it may have been a bit of a givaway that I wasn't being entirely serious. Guess that one fell flat :(

Guess that one fell flat :(

i'll let the tumbleweed do the talking.........

Tumbleweed_rolling.jpg

;-)

Which is sadder? My crap joke or the fact that you have spent 5-6 mins of your life (which you can never reclaim!) hunting for an image of a tumbleweed to help illustrate the point that my joke was crap? Hahaha.

Reply to shower in downstairs on rcd upstairs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net