Discuss shower isolation switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi am I right in thinking there used to be a reg that stated the isolation switch for a shower in a domestic premises, should be positioned OUTSIDE the bathroom, if so is that still in force, or is it another that just disappeared into the ether.

OH-NO, not again Gasp, here we go again, tin hats at the ready and make sure you have plenty of tinned meat and veg in the bunker LOL

i use it as an isolator as and when required, but her indoors always uses it as a switch. GRRR.

i use it as an isolator as and when required, but her indoors always uses it as a switch. GRRR.
I replace alot of these as i think everyone in wales thinks that little led on the shower must be powering blackpool iluminations.I think the quality of these isolators has deteriorated as well as even though i tell customers about leaving them on they still call me back a few months later.

so, is it an isolator or an on/off switch? that is the question. ( apart from where it's fitted ).

Simple, It's double pole, it must be an isolator.

And I seem to remember when showers first started to become popular (pre 15th regs?) that the pull cord had to be within reach of the person in the shower.

Reply to shower isolation switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have an 8.5kw Triton Excite Plus shower, could there be a reason that it has been installed with a 50amp isolator switch, & not 40amp which...
Replies
Views
I have just been called out to another burning shower switch.Upon removal the wires had been burnt and chared.One thing I've noticed on all burnt...
Replies
Views
A pull-cord shower switch is located in Zone 2 of a bathroom, including the ceiling base containing the electrical connections. With a little...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
Hi, after a bit of advice. Have tried a lot of plumbing and electrical shops but no one seems able to help. I have an Isolator/PSU 230v/12v. It is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock