Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then follow this link https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/forums/apply-to-gain-access-to-trainee-only-forum.60/ The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

shower Pump

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum' started by smithjim0001, Jul 12, 2010.

Discuss shower Pump in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. smithjim0001

smithjim0001 Guest

Shower pump fed by a fused spur.

Fused spur fed by 2.5mm load side of fused spur feeding shower pump with 1.5mm flex.

pump is 2.5ka so roughly 10amps flowing.

I would then think that 1.5mm flex can take up to 15amp free air so it would be ok to put a 13amp fuse in the spur

Do you all agree that 13amp fuse is ok.

2. SirKit Breaker

SirKit Breaker Guest

Sounds good to me. Might be good if SFCU is an RCD type

Cheers.......Howard

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
  3. JASON

JASON Electrician's Arms

2.5kW pump?

I have just installed one of those for a golf course irrigation system:D

I am assuming you are in an airing cupboard and are spurring from the immersion circuit for the pump?