Discuss shower in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fire

7.5 kw shower only thorws out cold water and not hot, checked the elements resistance and its nearly 15 ohms which as per ohms law is more that enough.

what else could be wrong?

Is there any kind of overload on that might have poped out?
Is there a PCB in the circuit that might be faulty
Could the selector control Knob be faulty or out of alignment
Have you good pressure
Is there a filter on it that might impeded flow
Are all you termination on the element good

Try putting a clamp meter on the conductor (in the CU) and see what current, if any, its drawing.
To be honest though for price of a replacement shower. They're not normally economical to repair.
B&Q knocking out tritron 9.5kw showers at £69 at the moment !

The most likely fault is that the high temperature thermal cut-out has failed, this usually a non-resettable device. If the shower unit has been in service for a number of years, the cut-out has probably been triggered by the heat build up due to the accumulation of lime-scale, the cut-out usual blows when the shower has been run on the high setting and suddenly turned off. A continuity test of the cut-out will confirm this if open circuit. The cut-out and heater tank will need to be replaced to prevent a re-occurance, However, at current prices it is usually more cost effective to replace the complete shower unit.

Reply to shower in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are renting and have a electric shower downstairs (extension) - a 9.5kW Triton T80Z fast-fit electric shower as well as a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All. Its been ages since I have been on here- Fortunately log in details stored on PC. I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank...
Replies
Views
This could possible have been a poll, but really just opening up for suggestions and feedback on where folks think an isolation switch for an...
Replies
Views
Bit of a strange one ive been told by everyone ive called had a triton t70xr 8.5kw The water started running cold like the tco kicked in after a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock