Discuss Sleeving, grommets and other lazy faults in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Commercial/industrial installations certainly need more in depth identification of conductors/labelling of switchgear/end user accessories than domestic installations.

Off topic, but it certainly seems on topic in this thread, I have yet to meet a fellow sparkie who is a member of a non drinking society (with the exception of alcoholics anonymous).

Add to AA, those of a religious sect, those who have a medical condition and those who are just plain p'ss poor broke.

My drinking days end when a medical condition (death) gets me.

Commercial/industrial installations certainly need more in depth identification of conductors/labelling of switchgear/end user accessories than domestic installations.

Off topic, but it certainly seems on topic in this thread, I have yet to meet a fellow sparkie who is a member of a non drinking society (with the exception of alcoholics anonymous).

Add to AA, those of a religious sect, those who have a medical condition and those who are just plain p'ss poor broke.

on a serious note...i`v cut a lot of it out...runnin round town n stuff as it would have got the better of me and i wouldn`t be sparkying now....thats fore sure......

I dont know. I go away for one night and when I get back I find you lot have turned a serious and potentialy boring discussion into a chat about the merits of beer.

Ye gods I love this forum.lol.:biggrin:

I must apologise for that, I have a habit of trying to inject a bit of light heartedness into a thread once it's served it's purpose ... hope it didn't distract tooooo much :)

Last edited:

My mate dragged me to an AA meeting, before the coffee break we both legged it off to the pub!

i was recently at a job concerning rcd tripping on sockets, i located the faulty socket, it didnt have a grommet on the metal backbox and the line cable had a nip in it touching the backbox. i can understand what you mean about sparks not using grommets.

i've had to cut down. spar have taken off 4 for £6 and now it's 3 for £5.50. bloody robbers. it's 5 miles to the supermarket.

i've had to cut down. spar have taken off 4 for £6 and now it's 3 for £5.50. bloody robbers. it's 5 miles to the supermarket.

Go self employed tel,brew your own
icon14.png

Probably a competent person scheme for doing so by now though:8:

have brewed my own in the past. mostly good, but lately had a couple of bad brews. must be losing my touch.

can't praise the beer festivals in my area enough - last one was a couple of weeks ago, my favourite was 1/2 7.5% barley wine (awesome lovely stuff not at all like gold label) and 1/2 8% scrumpy lol.
no lie, 20 bucks and the wife and I were in the curry house.

if it wasn't for life luxuries such as beer I would not be able to establish a good enough reason for a lifetime spent in work.:biggrin:

Reply to Sleeving, grommets and other lazy faults in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net