Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Sma sb4000-tl in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Stevesolargill

Stevesolargill Guest

Installing our first 4000-TL on Monday and are just wondering if we have to do anything else other than change the 2 dials to G83/1 before we switch on??

Thanks in advance

2. fiardor

fiardor Regular EF Member

SMA guidelines for 4000TL are DC strings and AC cable should be minimum 6mm. (although the panels will be in 4mm)

Good luck getting 6mm flex for AC isolator to inverter LOL :pimp2:

3. JulianC

JulianC Electrician's Arms

Did you pre-apply for the connection under G83 stage 2? The DNO would have written back with whatever stipulations they require to allow the connection - this may include changing a setting or two in the inverter.

I wire inverter to adjacent isolator in 4mm, then 6mm from isolator to wherever. Can't see a foot of 4mm flex knackering up the volt drop that much :devilish: Are you sure they stipulate 6mm for DC? Never run anything other than 4mm on the DC side for sub-4kW domestics.

4. fiardor

fiardor Regular EF Member

Yeah definitlely 6mm but i have now looked on sma web site and the instructions seemed to have been updated and now i cant find it.

Honest. I aint lying i aint.

Damn you SMA.

(Err we never did it in 6mm unless it was a very long run but hey what they want isnt always what they get shhhh LOL)

5. infinity

infinity Electrician's Arms

Am i right int thinking that it has a G83-1 certificate so i can connect as per g83 and notify my DNO (SSE) within 28 days as usual?
    Thanks

6. Meggerman

Meggerman Guest

If you wire them in anything less than 6mm you void the warranty. 6mm T&E works fine.

7. JulianC

JulianC Electrician's Arms

You won't void the warranty. "Not recommended" is not the same as "Do not use or warranty void"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.