Discuss Smart Switches in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys , does anyone have a recommendation on smart switches that work on conventional wiring?
I working on a property where the owner wants switches that work with the wi-fi.
problem is that the more I look onto it more confused I get.
Any ideas welcome,
Thanks

first check if you have a neutral at the switch position. if not you need a smart switch that does not need a neutral.

Was just about to post the same question and strange that this didn’t get much of a response. I take Tels point about the presence of neutrals etc. I’m very much of a vintage where the idea of relying on Wi-fi etc for switching grates a little, bearing in mind my internet has just been down for about 20 hrs. However, I am getting more and more enquires from people who want to be slaves to google and Alexa. What ranges are people fitting? In particular are there any good systems that allow fitting to existing 2 way or multi way light switches? Does anyone make a module that works with grid switches of for that matter a grid module?

Was just about to post the same question and strange that this didn’t get much of a response. I take Tels point about the presence of neutrals etc. I’m very much of a vintage where the idea of relying on Wi-fi etc for switching grates a little, bearing in mind my internet has just been down for about 20 hrs. However, I am getting more and more enquires from people who want to be slaves to google and Alexa. What ranges are people fitting? In particular are there any good systems that allow fitting to existing 2 way or multi way light switches? Does anyone make a module that works with grid switches of for that matter a grid module?
Yes Quinetic switches can be made to work with a WiFi system, and also are available as grid modules.

Reply to Smart Switches in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net