Discuss Smart wifi switch installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes
I believe the feed to the indoor light is the yellow in the 'Main' cable.
You have put the yellow from the single gang switch, which is not in use.
Change them over at the 2 gang switch ?

Yes
I believe the feed to the indoor light is the yellow in the 'Main' cable.
You have put the yellow from the single gang switch, which is not in use.
Change them over at the 2 gang switch ?

I removed yellow hallway cable and swaped with main yellow cable in 2-gang and boooooooom, It WORKED !!!! ???

You guys rock.
Thank you so much.

The other single gang had power so I paired wirelessly with 2-gang and created a multi-control association link. Now hallway light is working as two way. There is slight latency in the switch response because it doing the job via wifi but I can live with that.

One last question :)
I have done this setup on the "neutral required" smart switches. If I replace it with "no neutral" switches, do you think the two-way is achievable without wifi pairing (just to avoid latency). If yes, I can replace them with "no neutral".

---------------------------------------------New wiring ---------------------------------------------------
New wiring on 2-gang (controls 1 way outdoor and 2 way indoor light - wifi paird with 1-gang).
1630662602896.png

single gang wiring - wifi paired with 2 gang indoor light for 2 way.
1630662732434.png

Cheers.

One last question :)
I have done this setup on the "neutral required" smart switches. If I replace it with "no neutral" switches, do you think the two-way is achievable without wifi pairing (just to avoid latency). If yes, I can replace them with "no neutral".

Cheers.
I find smart switches a minefield.

I don't think you will find "direct wifi" type switches (ie that don't need a hub) that will do the two way switching by wire alone, whether they require a neutral or not. But I don't know for sure.

I find smart switches a minefield.

I don't think you will find "direct wifi" type switches (ie that don't need a hub) that will do the two way switching by wire alone, whether they require a neutral or not. But I don't know for sure.
I agree, these things are still evolving.
I am happy to keep my setup as is for now(as long they are working) ?

Cheers.

Reply to Smart wifi switch installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net